Significant Other

I woke up to find I was still outside on the white marble patio of Malfoy Manor. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and tried to stand up but something stopped me from moving even an inch. When I realized what was happening, I stilled.

"Blaise?" I called. The mer flinched, but didn't relinquish his grip on me. I was sitting in his lap, cross legged. His legs, being further apart then mine gave me the perfect nesting place between his feet and his dick which I could thoroughly feel against my lower back. Blaise's forehead was laying on my shoulder, his recently grown out curls tickling my cheek. It took me a while to realize he was licking me like he used to. Though the gesture was incessant and quite annoying, after a while... I kind of missed it.

Blaise tightened his arms around my waist when I tried to stand again and I frowned.

"You have to let me go, mate," I said, exasperated, and I could feel Blaise tense around me. After a moment of silence, he uttered a muffled, "No."
He moved his head to my neck and began licking there. My body shuddered and I sighed, leaning against him slightly. He noticed my pleasure and apparently took this as a sign to bite me.

"Hey! I yelped, leaping out of his arms and across the floor of the patio. He whimpered. "You called me mate so I bite. Show of affection."

The cogs in my head were turning and my right eye twitched. Sometimes, though rarely, I forget that he is indeed a sea creature.

"No, Blaise. Uh- a 'mate' is what we call a friend. Not, uhh- not what you think it means." I was blushing from my neck to the tips of my ears. I could feel it, my blood boiling and tinting my skin. I hated blushing, especially in front of humans who knew what it meant. Thank Merlin that's not the case.

"You are not my friend. You are mine," he frowned, arching his eyebrows. He didn't look at all possessive, however. You'd think when someone was saying that sentence, they'd look intimidating and serious. Blaise looked innocent, lonely and lost. I almost felt sorry for him, then I remembered he bit me.

"You- Blaise, you can't claim me. That's not how it works on the surface," I said, trying to explain. I scooted closer to him and sat cross legged. He did the same, staring at me attentively. His eyes were full of such intensity they swirled like pools of dark chocolate being mixed with flakes of obsidian. I found myself struggling to continue to speak. "Ron?" He nudged me with his finger and I snapped out of my stupor.

"Right, uh, sorry. Listen-" I began. "You are not mine and I am not yours. We don't own people up here, it's wrong." He nodded, tilting his head to the right. I found the motion adorable and I smiled a little. Suddenly, I had a thought and I bit my lip.

"Blaise, do you know what a boyfriend is?" I asked and he frowned again. "You have already said we are friends. But I do not know of a 'boy'."

My mouth fell open and I gaped, bewildered. "Uh, right-" I stuttered over my words, trying to figure out how to explain what a boy was without having to explain a girl, and therefore people that may identify as either or none but I didn't know if he was ready for that. The thought was actually kind of funny, teaching a young adult man things that kids learn.

"For now it doesn't matter. If someone asks, just tell them I'm your significant other. Okay?"

He thought for a moment before nodding, a small smile cascading his face. I blushed again. "Okay-" he said.

"Ron?"

"Yes?" I replied. Blaise averted his eyes away from me. It seemed he still remembered I was the alpha male in this arrangement.

I couldn't really tell, but I felt he was blushing. He looked nervous with his head bowed and his eyes avoiding my own. He scratched his arm and cleared his throat. After what felt like ages, he took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. His own were shiny with tears.

"Are you my significant other because you want to be or because you don't want me to hurt you?"

My throat constricted and my mouth fell open. I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to me. Our noses were touching, and I kept it that way by leaving my hand on the arch of his neck.

"Blaise-" I started. He sniffed. "Yes?"

"I am your significant other because- because I love-"

The sliding door to the patio slid open and Harry walked out. When he saw us sitting on the ground with our faces inches apart from each other, his eye twitched.

"Good morning," he said, his voice strained. "Ron, something's come up. And Draco made breakfast." Without another word, Harry left, banging the sliding door closed behind him which made me flinch. Blaise growled.

"I don't like him," he murmured. I sighed and stood up, stretching. My muscles ached and multiple of my bones all cracked at once. Spending the entire night on the floor with Blaise really did a number on me. "Yeah, well, I'm sure the feeling's mutual."

I helped Blaise up and to his surprise (and frankly mine as well), I got on my toes and kissed his cheek. I snaked my hand into his and grinned, "How do you like your eggs?"

I opened the sliding door and Blaise frowned. "What's an egg?"

I snorted and we stepped into the house.