Chapter 0

We moved here about 5 months ago. Sydney I felt was nothing much different from Seoul. The atmosphere just felt the same. From the wind to the smell of the sea and even the way the people smiled at you on the street seemed all just a carbon copy. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention as much.

We moved into an elegant four-bedroom house not so close to the city but also in a nice suburban neighborhood. The happiness I felt when I noticed the straight-arranged homes next to each other was like no other. I heard people were friendly in Australia so I didn't think we'd have an issue with our neighbors.

This would be my first year in college. Though I wouldn't experience the joy of living on campus at my own dorm I wasn't beat up about it. My dad was so cheap he and my mom suggested I stay home instead of on campus. I wouldn't have to pay any extra fees or worry about roommates other than my agonizing parents and cute little brother.

I think I could handle myself pretty well at least for the first 2 years.

Pulling into the driveway of our new life, my Dad immediately stepped out of the car before he could even put it in park "This is it!" He yells loud enough for the birds to scatter.

"Come on Innie!" I squeal unstrapping my one-year-old brother from his car chair. I placed him on my hip as we both got out of the car following our parents up the stone pathway to the front door.

It felt like home already. It wasn't Seoul but it was somewhere I could start my new beginning

After getting settled in, the sun was setting and I wanted nothing more than to watch it from my roof but my mother insisted I help her set the table for the guests that were coming over that night who I'm assuming were our new neighbors

While I was unpacking the car they talked with the couple from across the street and invited them to dinner. They were Asian like us so it didn't seem like they'd have a problem with the dishes my dad planned on serving that night.

Placing the metal chopsticks on the table our doorbell rang and our dog started barking.

"I'll get it!" I called out as my mother rushed behind me to greet them too. "Hello!" I bowed greeting the dainty couple in front of me. "Hello! We're the Lee's" The older man with glasses said before the lady who I'm assuming was his wife smiled and held my hand.

"Oh, you're so handsome you must be Hyunjin!" I nodded and thanked her. "Please come in!" My mother said as I held the door open and closed it behind them.

Before the door could close completely it came to a complete stop. Looking down someone's foot had stopped the door.

I immediately held the door back open revealing a boy with really light brown hair. "Oh and this is our son Felix! " "Of course welcome Felix!" My dad greeted me.

The boy Felix lifted his head revealing his face. He had freckles scattered all around his glowing cheeks. His eyebrows were sharp and I made a mental note to ask him about his skincare routine later.

Me being the person I am and not being able to hide my expression I smiled wide and bowed to greet him. "Oh welcome, I'm-" Before I could finish my sentence he had walked past me and bowed to my parents before settling himself at the dinner table.

Maybe he didn't see me this is a pretty big door. Considering I almost slammed the door in his face it's reasonable he didn't greet me.

I get it

50/50

But No.

This asshole kid ignored me the entire night.