Chapter 5

Hyunjin

The week was finally coming to an end and I was depleted. I was tired and burnt out from the week. I couldn't take another public speaking class I was seriously depleted of effort anymore. But the countdown to spring break started now, another week to go and I didn't have to worry about another group project or another presentation.

Plus I had so much things In mind to do for spring break. One being a party Minho was holding. I had never been to a college party before a senior one at that. I felt even more excited knowing he was the first one to invite me. Me and Minho had gotten so much closer than the beginning of school. We held study groups together, club meetings and even karaoke night sometimes.

It almost felt like we were together but we weren't we were only friends and I wasn't sure If I was ready to make it more. The other day we caught a movie together and our pinkys touched and I know it's cliche to say but I felt a spark but not just like a feeling going up your spine but a feeling of comforting a feeling of belonging a feeling I hoped brought me in the right direction.

I say I want to grow more as an adult but here I am being scared of growing attached to this very handsome and kind senior Hyunjin what the hell your supposed to feel this way. It's a crush and It's natural so why the hell are you panicking all the time?!

Besides I was new to all of this having close knit relationships, so why was I being so hard on myself.

Whatever it was I was done overthinking because Minho was walking towards me. He had that signature slanted smile on his face while holding two tall teas. "Prince Lee at your service with lemon tea in hand" He says sitting across from me on the benching and scooting the drink over to me.

The sun hit his face so well while the wind blew and the trees made a shadow faltering over his face just a little. His shoulders were broad and the way he pulled his jacket off, he was a real-life prince and I was enchanted. He was seriously my type.

"You don't look so well" He says snapping me out of my conscious. "Im tired as hell no matter how much sleep I get I just feel so restless plus there's this statistics test on Monday and I have not a clue on what's going on in that class" I rant taking a sip out of my drink thinking about how If Felix was here he'd most likely snatch it out of my hand and drink it.

Speaking of Felix I hadn't seen him on campus in a few days and wondered why.  He probably just skipped out and I didn't expect much.

"Statistics, I remember taking that my first year, I wouldn't mind helping If you don't but Im only available Saturday morning. Tomorrow I have a few meetings to attend with the broadcasting station Im pursuing and Sunday Im spending it with my family" I gasped at his offer but slowly remember what I had to do Saturday.

"That's awesome really Saturday is great but..I have to babysit my younger brother, my parents are going camping" The damn Hwangs are having a greater time than I am especially with their new friends.

I really wanted to spend my Saturday with Minho i'd be so ideal. My mind immediately went to those webtoons and fanfictions. Freshman gets tutoring by their amazingly talented, hot and older senior. I was running laps in my mind at the thought of Minho being at my house. There was a 1 in 100 chance of getting him at my place especially since he was busy all the time. "But, maybe I can ask my dad If I could babysit another day he'll understand especially If its for school" Minho smiled and held out his hand for me to shake.

"Let me know what he says I'll be glad to help you" He smiles sipping on his drink and I reach out for his cold hand shaking it. His phone rung and I let go looking down at my shoes avoiding the awkwardness. "Sorry I gotta take this see you Saturday! Maybe.."

"See you!" I say rather enthusiastically before gathering my things up and ringing my dad up almost immediately.

"Hey Dad, Im good but Uh can I ask a huge favor"

Saturday came, and here I was with a crying 2 year old on my hip, reading the instructions on the back of a medicine bottle. And to top it off Felix was also sitting in the middle of my living room playing video games.

My parents were the worse and my plans to move out later were changed almost immediately after my dad told me I had to watch my younger brother who was sick and whiny with Felix who apparently offered to watch him together with me. I knew that was a lie as soon as I heard it.

He's been playing games all morning and not helping me at all and I didn't even know If I wanted him to help me. Him with a child seemed like a disaster.

I was still furious. I wasn't his parent and I definitely wasn't obligated to watch my parents child. Being an older sibling was a pain but I didn't want to complain too much because I wanted Jeongin to have the right guidance in life. I was left with him all the time I really had no choice but to. But It wasn't his fault our parents left us behind all the time so I did the best I could everytime

"Im hungry" My brother cries in korean while I try to feed him the right amount of medicine. "I know but you have to drink this..what do I feed a sick child, what is there to even eat in here god I WISH I HAD SOME HELP!" I say finally getting Jeongin to drink the medicine.

"Fuck!" I hear Felix curse under his breath at the game and I walk over kicking the controller out of his hand. "What was the point in lying to my parents that you would help me watch my brother?" I say standing over him like a fed up wife.

"I didn't lie I am helping look!" He snaps back showing me his phone with a doordash order on the screen and I snatched the phone out of his hand looking at the Mcdonalds order. "3 big mac meals? This isn't breakfast! Jeongin cant eat this!" I say handing him back the phone as he tries to cover his ears with his headset before I reached down taking them off of him.

"Atleast watch him while I fix him some oatmeal!" I sigh sitting my younger brother on the ground next to him and heading into the kitchen. "Help me kid these bots are killing me" He says pulling Innie in his lap and handing him an unlinked controller.

I check my phone for a bit seeing a text from Minho

Minho: Hey we still down for our studying sesh?

I bit my lip starting to get furious I really wanted spend time with Minho. Maybe he wouldn't mind joining us? I peek into the living room at my younger brother giggling at the screen while Felix mouthed curse words at the screen so Jeongin couldn't hear.

I play with my fingers for a bit before saying fuck it and typing away on my phone. Innie would be asleep after I fed him and Felix wouldn't give a damn right?

I hurriedly took Jeongins food out of the microwave and took him out of Felix's arms and placed him in the highchair. While he ate I cleaned the dining room and straightened up my room. My parents never said I couldn't have friends over. At this moment I didn't care what they knew and didn't know.

I quickly sent Minho another text before tying my hair up in the mirror and splashing water on my face. God I really looked like a housewife. I changed up my clothes and cleaned up Jeongin before laying him down in his room for a nap.

I haven't been this nervous since Felix first came over to my house. There was just something about cute guys coming over that made me feel like I had to be less embarrassing and presentable as possible.

In the end there was always a trainwreck but not this time right haha right?