𝕊𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪 (𝕀𝕀𝕀)

The following morning, the sled jolted to a stop. Feeling the abrupt halt in their motion, Ellia slowly opened her eyes. The first thing that she heard when she got her bearings, was children's laughter. Sitting up, she found Cara already awake. Next to her, the child had climbed to the side of the sled excitedly as the Mandalorian also stirred.

Ellia turned her head to look out at the sprawling village around them. Several simple-looking huts were scattered around the land. And weaved in between were tens of organized water pods. The village itself was carved out of the thick forest, so it was surrounded by what looked like a barricade of trees. It was so...peaceful. Like nothing she had ever seen before. She let her eyes flutter close for a moment, taking a deep breath to truly take in the clean and clear air.

When her eyes opened back up, the first thing she noticed was the beskar helmet that was tilted her way.

The sound of children's laughter grew louder as a group of them made a b-line for the sled. She heard one of them cry out "They're here" as they gathered at the side of the transport, immediately their eyes honing in on the child.

"Well, looks like they're happy to see us" the Mandalorian noted, his voice low and groggy with leftover sleep.

"Looks like" Cara agreed.

Ellia turned her attention back to the village children. Watching as one girl at the front of the small crowd greeted the child with a smile. He lifted up his own small hand in a greeting, sparking a chorus of "aww's" from the onlookers.

A small grin made its way onto her own face, a warm and foreign feeling blossoming over her chest.

While a group of villagers helped the two men who had driven them there unload the sled, the odd band finally disembarked themselves.

As they were escorted through the village, towards the homesteads that they would be provided as long as they held up their end of the bargain, Ellia couldn't help but take in more of the village scenery. It was as if everywhere she looked, children were running around happily. Families smiled at them from their porches as they passed by. She couldn't help the small intrusive thought that made its way into her head, wondering if this could ever be something that was attainable for someone like her. Tranquility, stability, family.

For some reason, her head tilted to the Mandalorian who was walking by her side, the child safely tucked in his arms. Only to find him already looking her way.

The two of them promptly turned their attention back forward.

They were shown to the edge most part of the village, where two simple abodes were provided for their stay. One was a single room hut, which Cara quickly claimed as her own, and the other was a larger barn that the village had taken the time to clean out for temporary visitors.

As Ellia followed the Mandalorian inside of the barn, they found a village woman already there, pulling open a large set of blinds. She was wrapping the cord around a nearby hook, securing it in place.

When she noticed the two of them standing there, she offered a smile in greeting. But Ellia noticed the way she eyed the Mandalorian apprehensively.

"Please, come in." she said kindly.

The two of them obliged, moving in some cargo that they had brought with them from the ship. Ellia sat hers down in the back left corner of the large space. Behind them, the child waddled in from the doorway.

"I hope this is comfortable for you" the woman continued as they settled in, "Sorry that all we have is the barn."

"This will do fine" the Mandalorian said shortly.