𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕁𝕖𝕕𝕚 (𝕍)

When they finally left the village, the sun was rising, and the planet seemed all around brighter. The villagers themselves were parading around the main square, cheering and celebrating the end of the regime.

As the group of three stepped out through the front gates, Ahsoka brought forth a large, silver spear offering it up to Din.

"I believe this was your payment." she noted with a smile.

The Mandalorian was quick to shake his head.

"No. I can't accept." he said solemnly, "I didn't finish the job."

"No." Ahsoka agreed, "But this belongs with a Mandalorian."

Din slowly brought a hand up, grasping the spear around the top hesitantly. But Ahsoka nodded her approval, letting go of her hold on the weapon with another smile.

"Where is your little friend?" the Jedi suddenly asked, her voice quiet.

Din's entire body stilled, as he looked off into the distant forest beyond their position.

"Back at the ship." he stated simply, but Ellia could hear the odd tremor in his voice. "Wait here. I'll go get him." he said, before turning and walking off into the trees without another word.

Ahsoka's head tilted down for a moment, before looking over at the girl who was still standing by her side.

Ellia caught her gaze, easily sighing at the silent question that hung in the air.

"It's going to be awfully hard on the two of them." she admitted, "On all of us." she added the last part in a whisper.

"I know." Ahsoka replied.

Ellia gnawed at her bottom lip, trying to force back the tears that were suddenly threatening to form at the corners of her eyes.

"He'd never admit it-" she managed to continue as she looked out into the forest, "-but he's so fond of that kid. He'd do anything, he's done everything, for him. And I-"

I love him for it. Her mind completed what her words could not.

At her side, Ahsoka hummed thoughtfully and Ellia glanced up at her. The Jedi had a far off look in her eyes, and she was almost smiling. It just...didn't quite reach her eyes.

"What is it?" Ellia asked gently.

Ahsoka turned back towards her with a shake of her head,

"It's nothing. Just...you two remind me of a pair I once knew." she noted wistfully before taking a sudden step forward. "Come on. Take me to your ship."

As they walked up towards the Razorcrest, they found the ramp open, Din and Grogu already halfway down it. He noted their arrival with a surprised pause.

"You're like a father to him." Ahsoka stated strongly, clasping her arms behind her back.

Din finally completed his walk down the ramp, joining them where they stood a few meters away from the landing site.

"I cannot train him." she finally stated, for the second time.

"You made us a promise." Din argued, "We held up our end."

Ahsoka sighed, reaching forward to take hold of one of Grogu's hands gently. Ellia watched sadly from next to her.

"There is one possibility" Ahsoka said slowly, "Go to the planet Tython. There you will find the ancient ruins of a temple that has a strong connection to the Force. Place Grogu on the seeing stone at the top of the mountain." she instructed.