ℝ𝕖𝕕𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 (𝕀𝕍)

Inside, Din immediately made for the cockpit, bringing the child up with him so that he could watch as he put the ship into hyperspace.

Ellia, on the other hand, quietly stayed behind in the hull to be alone with her thoughts. She also had a few superficial wounds that she had gained during the various battles they had gone through, and some of them needed tending to.

As she finished wrapping a layer of bandages around her upper arm, her focus somehow fell to the pendant that was still hanging from her neck. The dim lighting inside of the hull glinted oddly off of the metal, as a swirl of voices danced around in her head.

You trust her then?

With my life.

One of the bravest I've ever known.

A clan of three you shall remain.

Let's not let there be a next time.

Ellia tried to make sense of everything that had happened that day. So many things had gone wrong, and yet, in the end, they had managed to walk out of it together.

What did that mean, then? What were they now? A clan, like the armorer called them? A family?

Ellia was in love with Din Djarin.

That might have been the first time she truly admitted the fact to herself, but Cara was right, it was more than obvious at that point. She knew that she would follow him into any adventure, any battle, any firefight without a second thought. She knew that she would lay down her life in a heartbeat if it meant protecting him and the child.

But was she kidding herself? Was there any hope for a future in this kind of life? Would she ever be anything more in Din's eyes than someone who fixed up his ship and could look after his charge?

Was the pendant evidence of that?

There was no way she could know that for certain, so for the time being, she was resigned to just let it be. She released the hold she had on the necklace, letting it drop back down onto her sternum.

Just as she did that, a sound from across the room managed to pry her out of the realm of her thoughts. Looking up expectantly, she watched as Din jumped down from the ladder, turning to face her almost immediately upon his arrival.

"Hey" he greeted.

"Hey"

He nodded his head towards her arm, specifically the bandages wrapped tightly around the space just below her shoulder.

"You hurt?" he asked.

Ellia waved her hand dismissively,

"Nothing serious" she said quickly, "What about you? Anything other than your head that needs patching up?" she offered.

She watched the Mandalorian shrug his shoulders,

"The beskar pretty much prevents anything from getting to me." he stated.

Ellia tilted her head knowingly,

"Except explosions." she noted with a half-smirk.

A scoff emanated out from the modulator of his helmet,

"Except explosions" he confirmed.

Ellia bit back another smile, looking down at her lap to anxiously pick at her fingers. Across the room, Din cleared his throat awkwardly.

"I- uh- blaster fire might have nicked my arm, but it's really nothing."

At that, Ellia lifted her head back up, eyebrows furrowing slightly.