𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕔𝕜𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 (𝕀𝕀)

After another short trip through a few more systems, they finally dropped out of hyperspace, into the atmosphere of a planet called Arvala-7. Din had briefly explained to them that this was the planet that he had originally found the child on, and that he had met someone who helped him along the way.

As he pulled the Crest down towards the surface, Ellia peered out of the windows, gazing out at the small moisture farm they were approaching.

Once the ship landed, the group of them descended down the ramp. Ellia got her first good look at the new planet. It was completely covered in rocky, red soil. And nothing but that for miles and miles. It certainly looked like the type of planet that would be in need of a moisture farm.

Din led them over to the settlement, approaching the small hut at the center. Outside of it, seemingly waiting for them, was a small, yellow Ugnaught. He was wearing a brown hat, and a large pair of goggles on top of his head.

As the group approached him, he nodded at the Mandalorian in greeting before gesturing for them to follow him inside. Ellia walked in behind the child's floating cradle, having to duck her head to fit into the entrance.

Once inside, they were all sat around a small table together as the Ugnaught, now known to her as Kuiil, observed the child with weathered eyes.

"It hasn't grown much." he said flatly.

"I think it might be a strand-cast" Din ventured.

"I don't think it was engineered." Kuiil argued in response, "I've worked in the gene farms. This one looks evolved. Too ugly."

Ellia furrowed her eyebrows slightly in confusion, as Kuill then pointed at Cara.

"This one on the other hand, looks like she was farmed in the Cytocaves of Nora." he stated.

Ellia saw the broad woman smirk slightly.

"This is Cara Dune" Din introduced, "She was a shock-trooper."

"You were a dropper" Kuiil stated, pointing to the tattooed band on the woman's arm.

Cara looked back up at him with interest,

"Did you serve?"

"On the other side, I'm afraid." Kuill admitted, sitting down on the opposite side of the table. And Ellia did not miss the way Cara's eyes had briefly danced towards where she sat next to her. "But I'm proud to say that I paid out my clan's debt, and now I serve no one but myself."

The baby let out a soft coo, and Ellia turned towards him with a smile. She reached out her hand in front of the cradle, letting the child cling onto her finger excitedly.

"And this one?" Kuiil questioned, eyes turning towards the other girl.

Ellia looked up, blinking. Kuiil looked back at her with interest, while the child still shook her finger absent-mindedly.

"Oh. I'm just a mechanic." she answered plainly, "I- uh, I take care of the Crest." her eyes had briefly danced over at where Din was sat across the table, only to find him already looking her way.

Kuiil simply hummed in response.

In that moment, there came a clanging sound from the doorway. The group all turned their heads just in time to see an IG unit droid ducking down to enter the homestead.

Din and Cara had jumped to their feet, blasters raised in an instant. Ellia's eyes widened in fear, her hand instinctively clinging on to the side of the child's cradle.

"Would anyone care for some tea?" the droid asked mechanically. And it was only in that moment that Ellia had noticed it was carrying a small tray with cups and a kettle stacked on top.