𝕊𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪 (𝕍)

It had been weeks since the battle for the village, and Ellia had never felt so at peace.

She tilted her head up towards the sky, closing her eyes as she focused on the feeling of the sun on her skin. She was sitting out on the front porch of the barn with Cara and the Mandalorian, the latter of which was simply braced up against the wall while the former was lounging comfortably in a chair. Across the way from them, the Child was playing with the other village younglings, their laughter filling the air.

Omera walked up to the group, tearing the Mandalorians' eyes away from the back of Ellia's head. The woman was holding a tray of drinks, and handed one to both Cara and Ellia, who in turn were quick to give their thanks. She then glanced towards the Mandalorian,

"Can I set you something in the house?" she asked kindly.

"Uh-thank you. Maybe later." he dismissed.

Ellia took a small sip of her drink, and Omera looked out at the crowd of children as their shrill laughter sounded once more.

"He's very happy here." she noted.

"He is" the Mandalorian agreed.

Omera turned back towards the man with a smile,

"Fits right in" she said with finality before turning and descending the staircase of the porch and disappearing back into the village.

Ellia's hands wrapped around her cup as she brought it down towards her lap. Cara took a big, purposeful swig of her own drink.

"So what happens if you take that thing off" the shock trooper suddenly piped up, "They come after you and kill you?"

Ellia peered over her shoulder at that.

"No" the Mandalorian answered, eyes still trained forward. "You just can't ever put it back on again."

"That's it?" Cara asked incredulously as Ellia took another sip from her position on the edge of the porch steps. "So you can slip off the helmet, settle down with that beautiful young widow and raise your kids sitting here sipping spotchka?"

Ellia suddenly choked on her drink.

The Mandalorian turned to look over at Cara with as pointed of a look as he could manage from behind the helmet. The trooper just smirked, taking another sip of her drink as if nothing happened.

Ellia turned back forward, placing the cup down on the porch next to her, suddenly no longer thirsty.

After a few more minutes of silence, the Mandalorian turned to the shock trooper once more.

"You know, we raised some hell here a few weeks back." he said smartly, "It's too much action for a backwater town like this. Word travels fast. You might wanna cycle the charts and move on."

Cara hummed in response,

"Wouldn't wanna be the one who's gotta tell him" she noted, gesturing towards the kid who had joined the village children with messing around in a krill pond.

"I'm leaving him here" the Mandalorian said suddenly.

Ellia's head tilted back up, looking over her shoulder at the armored man, who still hadn't moved from his position propped up against the side of the barn.

"Traveling with me...that's no life for a kid." he continued, "I did my job, he's safe. Better chance at life."

Almost on cue, the sound of children's laughter erupted again.

Ellia looked back over, eyes finding the child quickly.

"That'll break his heart" she whispered.