𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖 (𝕀)

After everything that went down aboard Gideon's ship, Bo-Katan was less inclined to deny Din's yielding of the Darksaber. She took it with a solemn nod, and without a word spoken.

When they finally met back up with Boba Fett, they all began to head their separate ways. Koska and Bo took the cruiser into their care, once more offering Din the chance to join them. To which he answered that he would need just a bit of time, if they were willing to give it to him.

And they were.

Fennec and Boba offered to drop Cara, Din, and Ellia back on Nevarro before they also went off on business of their own, their debt now paid.

. . .

Being back on Nevarro was strange.

Din was still void of a ship so, for the time being, Marshal Dune and Magistrate Karga had kindly offered the two of them a place to stay until one or both of them managed to get back onto their own feet. They had access to two small rooms on the top floor of a small hotel at the town's edge. It wasn't much, but it was something, and they were grateful to say the very least.

The first couple weeks went by in a blur. It was just the same thing, repeated over and over; wake up, eat their provided portions, wander out on the streets for a little while to look for odd jobs here and there, only ever bringing back enough credits to pay for the next morning's breakfast, then back to the hotel, and back to bed. Only to wake up and do it all over again.

All the while pretending that the events on the Imperial Cruiser never even happened.

Ellia and Din hadn't spoken much more than a passing word since they had arrived. She had no desire to push the Mandalorian, and she herself was content crying her eyes out in the safety of her thirty-square-meter Nevarrian hotel room.

But that all was soon to change.

Well, everything was really.

Ellia had sputtered awake from yet another nightmare. This one had been of both fire and pouring rain, somehow coexisting at the same time. Thunder crashed and flames roared, and all around her, buildings were burning. With every frantic turn of her head, she caught the glimpse of something glowing eerily red, followed immediately by the sound of a blood curdling scream.

She sat up straight in her bed, a stream of tears running down the sides of her face as her wide eyes quickly worked to get her bearings. She was still alone. Moonlight streaming in from the two small windows opposite and parallel to where she was laying in bed. Taking a few gulps of air, she attempted to slow her breathing, but it ended up taking her a lot longer than usual. She ran shaking fingers through her air before throwing the thin blankets off of her form roughly.

Ellia then took several laps around the room, her head still buzzing until finally, she found herself pausing in front of her door.

She stared at it for a moment, her subconscious contemplating what her conscious hadn't quite caught up with yet. So much so, that she was already gently rapping her knuckles against Din's door before she even realized what she was actually doing.

She could hear some shuffling from the other side, and it was only a few seconds later before the doorknob was turning, and Din was occupying the space in front of her.

She hugged the tunic, which she had apparently thrown on before she left, closer to her chest.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother you." she started to explain, her voice hoarse. "I didn't even know if you'd be awake..."

Din slowly took in her appearance. He noted the puffy eyes that refused to look at him, the slight shivering of her torso, and the white knuckles that were wrapped tightly into the fabric of her ripped tunic.