𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕁𝕖𝕕𝕚 (𝕀)

The Razorcrest dropped out of hyperspace with ease. And as Din pressed them forward, Ellia glanced out the window at the planet looming in front of them.

It looked fairly dim, heavy brown clouds covered most of the atmosphere, and a strange green hue bordered the planet itself.

As they dropped towards the surface, Ellia could see thin rivers of lava scattered throughout the environment. There was a haze sitting beneath the clouds themselves, one that seemed to glow a musty, brown color, the sun all but shielded behind it. Dead, leafless trees sprung up across the landscape like spikes, only adding to the overall dismalness of the planet's look.

"Corvus." Din said with a sigh, "This is the place. I've detected a beacon."

Ellia nodded to herself, glancing over at where the child was sitting blissfully on top of the console to Din's right.

"I'm gonna start the landing cycle. You better get back in your seat." the Mandalorian ordered the small creature. But he didn't move, apparently distracted by something else in front of him. Ellia perked her head up from where she was lounging sideways in her chair.

"Hey" Din barked, "What did I tell you? Back in your seat." he said again, more forcefully this time around.

As the child cooed and began climbing back down off of the console, a small laugh managed to escape Ellia's throat. She stood up from her own seat to walk over and help the child up, strapping the buckles around him before turning back to flop down in her own again.

"What?" Din asked her as he began to make the descent, in obvious reference to her laughter.

"Oh, nothing." she said with a smile.

Din briefly looked over his shoulder, but by then she had already opted to turn her attention back outside of the windows.

Din passed over the surface, passing by what looked like a large, walled settlement. One that she would have originally assumed was unoccupied, had it not been for the armed guards perched on the battlements. They eventually landed on the outskirts, in a clearing a fair bit into the bone-dry forest.

As the ramp fell open, Ellia was the first to bound down it, staring out at the scenery in front of them. In the distance, she could see the silhouettes of a few tall creatures, feasting amongst the dead trees. Their low groans echoed out across the otherwise empty plains.

Din walked down the ramp behind her. As he also took a glance around the new terrain, she felt a gentle hand graze her lower back in a reassuring gesture.

"Not much to see out here." he noted thoughtfully.

"Why would a Jedi be in a place like this?" she asked quietly. The stories of epic battles and wise creatures of power certainly didn't match up with a place as gloomy as they were seeing.

"Don't know. Never had dealings with a Jedi before." Din admitted, "Maybe they're hiding."

Behind them, the child made a small noise as he scuttled down the ramp. Din glanced down at him, only to find him preoccupied with the small metal knob from the console lever that he loved so much.

"What did I say about that?" Din asked, prying the ball from the child's hand. "This, needs to stay in the ship."

The child wined in defiance as Din pocketed the piece of metal, reaching down to scoop him up into his arms.

"Let's head into town." he announced, gently placing the child into the leather pouch that he had slung over his shoulder. "See if we can pick up a lead."