𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕝 (𝕀𝕀𝕀)

A few minutes later, they were following the Marshal through the town, observing the villagers as they repaired the damage left behind by the creature. Fixing wooden planks on their decks, picking back up fallen tankards, repairing speeder bikes and the like.

"That creature's been terrorizing these parts since long before Mos Pelgo was established." Cobb was explaining, "Thanks to this armor, I've been able to protect this town from bandits and Sand People. They look to me to protect 'em. But a Krayt Dragon is too much for me to take on alone." he said, pausing his walk to gaze out at the town.

He then turned back to the two standing behind him,

"Help me kill it, I'll give you the armor."

This was an offer that it didn't take Din that long to think over,

"Deal." he said. "I'll ride back to my ship, blow it out of the sand from the sky, use the Bantha as bait." he said plainly.

Cobb chuckled,

"Not so simple." he said, "The ship passes above, it senses the vibrations, stays underground. But I know where it lives." he stated.

"How far?" Din questioned.

"Not far."

Finally, Din nodded his head in agreement, and before they knew it they were following Cobb back through the town again. Scooping up the child from where they left him safely in the saloon.

Din placed him back into the secure seat on the side of the speeder before guiding it towards the edge of town, where Cobb was to meet him with his own ride.

As they prepared for the journey, the Marshal fiddled with the panels on the side of what appeared to be a repurposed pod-racer engine, much like the one Ellia had seen Pelli working on in the hangar. Din was rifling through their meager supplies to take inventory, while Ellia propped herself patiently up against the side.

"So what's your name, hun?" Cobb's voice suddenly sounded as he shut the panel on the side of his speeder.

She winced slightly at the sound of the pet name, but found herself responding anyway.

"Ellia" she replied, attempting to sound as dismissive as possible.

"Ellia" the Marshal repeated, "'S a good name."

"Thanks?"

Cobb nodded towards the speeder behind her,

"That can't be too comfortable for two people." he noted. "Hows about you-"

Ellia quickly held up her hand,

"For both your sake, and mine, do not ask me to ride with you." she interrupted.

Cobb was stunned slightly, but he didn't look offended. Instead, he tilted his head to the side in curiosity.

"Didn't mean to bring up any bad memories." he noted.

Ellia huffed in surprise, shaking her head.

"Sorry. It's just... the last time we were on this planet, we had a run in with a- less savory fellow." she explained jokingly, her nose scrunching up just at the thought.

Cobb hummed, as if he completely understood. His hand tapped the side of his speeders engine absentmindedly.

"Well, I apologize on both of our behalf's." the Marshal said with a smile.

For some reason, Ellia found herself managing one in return. Her shoulders relaxing a bit as it seemed he had some sense of what boundaries were.

"We going or not?" Din's gruff voice suddenly sounded from behind them.