𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝕖𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤 (𝕀)

The Razorcrest, broken and tattered as it was, floated gently in sublight. Passing over planets as it maneuvered itself through the system.

Inside of the cockpit, it was a peaceful quiet. Enough heat had managed to seep in through from the engines and other mechanics that all of the metal inside of the small room had defrosted, including Din's armor. This allowed for a much easier sleep for all of the passengers.

All, that is, except Ellia.

Remaining in the world of unconsciousness was proving significantly difficult. Every time her eyes so much as fluttered closed, she would see those terrifying snow spiders, a memory she suspected wouldn't be going away any time soon.

So she was already awake, gazing out of the window at the upcoming, water-covered planet when the steady, rhythmic beeping of the GPS filled the cabin, slowly rousing everyone else.

Ellia stretched out her arms slightly. In her lap, the child rubbed his eyes sleepily, drawing a smile from her lips.

"Looks like we made it." Din stated groggily, "Get ready for landing."

He flicked a switch on the front panel, and immediately a low groan of protest echoed from somewhere underneath the ship. In response, Din slammed his hand angrily against the controls.

"Dank farrik!" he muttered.

"What's wrong?" Ellia asked sleepily.

"The landing array isn't responding." he informed, "Without the guidance system, it'll be a manual re-entry. It might get choppy."

Ellia yawned in response, not alarmed just yet. She had half expected this.

"Once we're through the atmosphere, there should be enough fuel to slow down." he continued, "If we don't burn to a crisp." he added.

"Well that's comforting." Ellia noted with a sigh.

Din pulled back down on the toggles, and they began to descend down into the atmosphere, keel first.

They were dropping fast. Too fast. Ellia could feel the heat almost instantly, flames beginning to lick the metal outside of the windows.

Din flicked an overhead switch,

"Ellia, come up here. I need your hands." he demanded frantically.

She immediately hopped up, hearing the tone in his voice. She moved the child off of her lap and gently sat him into the seat by himself before shuffling over next to where Din was at the control board.

He gestured to the large toggle next to the main mechanics.

"This lever needs to stay back." he said. Ellia noticed immediately that it was shaking dangerously with their descent. "Keep it steady." he ordered.

Ellia nodded in understanding, wrapping her first around the top of the lever, holding it down with all of her might. Having to work extra hard to combat against the extra g-force they were experiencing.

There was so much heat and fire now that they could barely see outside the front windows of the cabin.

But eventually, they did break through the line of clouds. The sudden temperature drop helped cool them off just enough to see the view of the bustling port splayed out below them.

The one that they were approaching at full speed.

"Din?" Ellia called out, finally fully awake and growing quite alarmed.

"Razorcrest, this is Trask flight control." a voice sounded over the comms, "Please reduce your speed to port protocol."

"I'm trying my best here!" Din barked back. "Engaging thrusters." he reported as he flicked a switch on the back-most part of the panel. He then turned over his shoulder to warn the Frog Lady. "Hold on!"