Chapter 11: Rain Song

Citlali's POV

"We shall ." he said, curtsying and opening the door for me. I stepped into my corridor, smelling the aroma of sweet incense and hearing the sound of my mother's humming.

''Do you want me to help you with your bag?'' he asked, always polite. I shrugged and he took it from me. I didn't complain, I didn't even complain when he wrapped his arm around my waist on the way out.

Jimmy's POV

I slept for a few hours. I knew they had been a few because it was darker, the sun beginning to set. I yawned, rubbing my eyes and groaning, I felt so bored.

I sat up and winced as I felt my mouth dry , a slight headache and a jab at my stomach. 

The fucking doctor was right.

I sighed dramatically and stood up, brushing myself up and getting out of my room. Bonzo was snoring on the couch, Jonesy was now on the balcony, Peter was nowhere to be seen and Robert wasn't even back yet. With my bird.

I decided to get drunk and pass the time. I went into Robert's room, searching for the bottles I knew were hidden. I smiled as I sat on the bed and heard a clinking sound. There they were. I crouched and took them from under bed. I had never heard a more satisfying sound than the unscrewing of the lid. I raised the bottle up, toasting to the empty air and welcomed the burning of the amber liquid. I sat on a couch, putting my feet up on the bed. I stared at the ceiling, I tried balancing the bottle on my forehead, catching it swiftly before it crashed to thr ground. I sighed. No birds. No tour. No fun.

Citlali's POV

He walked with his hands in his pockets, the light that filtrated through the trees making his golden hair shine. I smiled at him and he wrapped his arm around my waist again. He seemed to be humming under his breath.

"So. Cosette?" he said

"Oui, Mr Marius?"

"Who's Marius?"

"No one. I don't know anything about him." I replied swiftly

"Who's Marius? What are you talking about?" 

"Nothing. Shall we talk of another book? Alice in Wonderland?" I suggested, changing topics

"But, who's Marius?" he insisted. As I did not reply he answered my question.

"Boring. Too flashy, too trippy, too..." I gasped, looking back at him, and glaring.

"What?" he said, his blond eyebrows arching with surprise

"Do not say anything else against Lewis Carroll."

"But why? Oh you like the book. Alright that's fine. How about Lord of the Rings?"

"Boring, long, no." I replied curtly. It was his turn to gasp. His cheeks flamed with emotion, he let go of my waist and he took a step away. He breathed heavily, his neck acquiring a red tone. His eyes seemed to blaze.

"How. Do. But. Lord of the Rings. How. Dare. You." he managed to utter. It was my turn to be confused. I raised a brow, smiling slightly.

"Have I offended Mr Robert Anthony Plant? Oh, I am so so sorry." I said mockingly. He did look more like a lion then, glowing with ferocity, I was even waiting for him to roar. He nodded once.

"You should read the book" he said

"As I said. Boring." I responded, yawning exageratedly.

"Now, come along little Anthony, we have to get to a hotel." I urged as we'd stopped in the middle of the way. He raised his eyebrow again. I walked behind him and began pushing him forward with all my strength. He gritted his teeth but he shifted slightly. He moved reluctantly,and his frown slowly began to fade. He looked content as I kept pushing him on. I didn't see the rabbit hole a few feet away, quite ironically, and my foot caught on it. I tripped forward, crashing onto Robert's back and bringing us both down. He yelped and I felt a stinging across my leg.