Chapter 15: Going to California

Citlali's POV

"Pete, mate!" Jimmy called as we opened the door. He seemed more cheerful than ever. Pete went to hug him and let me go in the process. I stood to the side as the members of The Who saluted Led Zeppelin.

I felt strangely out of place. Robert, however, came to stand by me.

''Are they as great as you thought they'd be?'' he nudged me

''Yes, but Led Zeppelin surprised me more.'' I smiled and saw him blush. His hand found mine behind my back. I gave it a squeeze and felt my lips tingle, remembering an almost-kiss and French words.

Robert's POV

I wanted to hold her right there. Dizzy her with a kiss and then swoop her up into my arms. But I couldn't move. She was so different. I didn't feel confident enough.

''Que je t'aime ! Que je suis affolé de toi ! Que j'en deviens imbécile !'' (How I love you ! How crazy I am  about you ! How stupid it renders me!) 

George Sand's words were certainly appropriate. Although, I couldn't just keep on hiding behind other people's words.

''Citlali,-'' I began and she turned, her lips parting slightly

''So, have you met our tour guide, interviewer, non-shagging groupie?'' Bonham interrupted. We both turned.

Roger Daltrey was examining  her from head to toes, his eyes filled with something more than just curiosity.

Citlali's POV

His gaze made me dizzy. And when he pronounced my name, his tone of voice filled me with delight. I was expecting him to come up with another French remark but as he began, we were interrupted.

''Daltrey, Roger.'' he offered his hand and smiled widely, his dimples showing.

''Citlali.'' I smiled. His eyes were icier than Pete's. His curly hair was a darker golden than Robert's and framed his face. He wore a leather jacket, unbuttoned that showed a tan and muscular chest. I blushed as my gaze lingered.

I laughed nervously. That was whom I had expected to meet. And he was beautiful.

I smiled, taken aback and shook it. His fingertips stroked the palm of my hand.

"Pleasure to meet you." he winked and let go.

My hand fell to the side and it took me a second to move slightly away from him.

"What are we doing today? I'm bored." Keith complained.

They all looked expectantly at me. We knew quite well that Keith's boredom ended in destruction whilst Jimmy's only ended in drunken slurs.

"Take a sailboat? A canoe?" I suggested. "We could bring a picnic."

They raised their eyebrows, half-convinced.

Bonham's POV

She was an unusual tour guide. But I liked her. She was an exception and that kept her interesting. But, sailing? I didn't know anything about boats and it seemed like a curious activity.

Still, what could you do in Toronto? What could you possibly do in any other city?

''Sounds good.'' I decided, trying to put on a convinced smile. Jonesy followed suit. The others murmured their agreement.

''We can pass by a market and buy food.'' Jonesy suggested. Citlali seemed to give him a grateful smile.

''Kensington market is a nice place. And then we could go to the harbourfront.'' she said, already heading towards her bag to take out the things she needed.