Chapter 14: Ramble On

Jimmy's POV

I half slept, tossing and turning, throwing the covers around. A knock on the door made me snap out of my thrashing and I snarled.

"WHAT?"

The door opened gently and Citlali peeked in.

"Sorry, just coming to check on you." she whispered shyly. I gave out a sigh and she began to close it again.

"You can come in, you know." I croaked, trying to mend my snappiness "I won't bite, I promise." I added softly and tried winking. She seemed to hesitate but she entered and sat at the foot of my bed.

"How are you feeling?" she half-whispered.

"Better." She nodded. We said nothing, she looked at her hands and smiled as if she were remembering something funny.

"Are the Who here yet?" I questioned suspiciously. She shook her head.

"Moonie only."

"Are you laughing at me?" I scowled. She giggled and shook her head. I threw her a pillow.

"Come have breakfast, Jim Jam." she said mockingly imitating a British accent. She threw the pillow back, got up and left without further word. I felt my stomach groan, breakfast sounded good.

Robert's POV

I avoided sitting in front of her, or beside her. I negotiated Jonesy's spot and made Keith sit beside her, I was on her far left, which suited me fine. Jimmy came out of his room, looking pale but rested and not as whiny.

"Morning." he grumbled as he took the seat in front of her.

"Coffee?" I offered and he nodded. I felt Citlali's gaze on me and I struggled to keep my hand from shaking. Jimmy seemed to notice something as he narrowed his eyes.

"So, tell me love, what are you doing here?" Keith asked her, waggling his eyebrows. She elbowed him and he snickered.

"She's not here to shag us, that's for sure. " Bonzo said as he sat down, sharing some sort of inside joke with her because she let out a loud laugh.

"She's here for the Who." Jonesy contributed. I felt a slight pang at my chest and looked at her. She blushed slightly.

"Percy, would you mind switching places with me?" Jimmy then asked. I met his eyes, they betrayed no emotion.

"Why?" I pleaded with mine.

"The breeze hits me on this side of the table." He raised an eyebrow challengenly. I knew that that meant that he was going to insist until he got what he wanted.

"Fine." I gave in, not interested in fighting so early. We switched and there I was in front of her. She ate, gazing at the fruit on her plate, not looking up to me. Jimmy cleared his throat and I met his gaze. He raised a brow questioningly and sat beside Citlali, so he was facing me too. I felt a sharp kick under the table. I made a grimace, Citlali seemed to smile.

"Where are the others?" I asked Keith between grinded teeth.

"On the floor below. They'll come soon, I guess." he said betweens chews of his food. I watched Citlali and she lifted her gaze. Cyrano de Bergerac's words floated through my mind again and I reprimanded myself for being so clumsy. With her. I was never so clumsy.

"Robert, pass the jam, will you?" Jimmy asked. I gave it to him and felt another sharp kick to the shin. I shook my head and looked up to meet Citlali's eyes. She blushed. Jimmy kicked me again.

Citlali's POV

To avoid his gaze or to seek it, over and over again. I was caught by the emerald eyes. I felt foolish though, so I stopped and decided to act normally.

"Citlali?" Keith repeated

"Sorry?" I said, looking up from my food

"Care to go meet the rest of the Who?"

I swallowed and unconsciously looked at Robert, as if looking for some sort of approval. He betrayed no emotion, his eyebrows knitted together as he seemed to be thinking of something else. It seemed silly to seek him out. Since when was I so dependent? The answer was easy: never. This realization pushed me forwards.

"I'd love to, Moonie." I said sweetly. He took me by the arm and we left the room. He whistled merrily as we descended the stairs. As he walked through the corridor he knocked on various doors, humming a song louder each time.

He hopped from side to side and as he stopped at the end of the corridor, the doors opened and he bowed with a flourish. Keith seemed magical. Taken out of a dream and so spotaneous that he didn't feel tangible. Pete was the first to appear, a cigarette between his lips ; he wore a tight union jack shirt that was buttoned almost all the way to his neck.

"Hullo." he said without making the cigarette fall out.

"Pete, Citlali, etcetera etcetera." Keith called as John peeked out. Pete smiled and shook my hand, his icy blue eyes making me uncomfortable as he kept them locked on mine. John waved, oddly reminding me of Jonesy. Roger was nowhere in sight and I pouted slightly.

"Moonie, have you slept at all or are you still on..?" John asked. Moon smiled mischieviously.

"Tell me Citlali, Led Zeppelin's somewhere in this hotel?" Pete asked. He seemed to have a habit of looking into people's eyes when he spoke to them. I nodded, sort of dumbfounded. He suddenly leant me his arm; I raised and eyebrow.

"After you, m'lady." he winked and I laughed, threading my arm with his. We walked up the stairs and he told me about the last show they'd had. He spoke of mods, also. He seemed so solemn when he spoke that he had me captivated. It was strange that I would find all these people so intriguing and versatile.

(( BACK. still don't know what i'm doing, mind you))