Chapter 12: Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

Bonzo's POV

"Bonzo, fetch me my guitar, will you?" Jimmy said, his eyes still lingering on Citlali. I snorted.

"Go and fetch it yourself, dearie." I snapped at him. I felt Citlali take a sharp breath, expecting a fight.

"I'll get it." she suggested timidly

"No, never mind. " Jimmy grumbled, going after it.

Citlali sighed and detached herself from me. She sat beside Robert and met my eyes. She seemed worried, her brow furrowed. I accorded her a wink and relaxed slightly, as Robert whispered something into her ear.

"Bonzo, care for a drink?" Jonesy asked softly and I nodded. We headed towards the bar. We weren't invited to the little jam session hosted by the two testosterone filled divas.

Citlali's POV

I had begun to regret my spontaneous petition. Jimmy and Robert seemed to take it rather seriously, each wanting to show off. To me. Stupid, stupid.

Jimmy stormed off to get his guitar and Robert sat beside me, gazing at me when he thought I wasn't looking. Bonzo winked and left.

"Who's Marius, Cosette?" Robert whispered into my ear, making me shiver and laugh

"No one." I said, shaking my head

"I'll ask you later." he said, leaning so close that I felt his cool breath on my lips. "I have a song to sing." he stood and I felt myself blush.

Pretending that he wasn't getting to me was getting harder. Jimmy cleared his throat, brushed a curl out of his face as he sat on the couch opposite to me, and began tuning his guitar.

Now there wasn't a girl in the world that could distract him. Now he belonged to the musical realm. Everything else could wait.

Robert came back, a drink in hand and sat beside me again, this time a few inches away. As Jimmy finished he lifted his head and met Robert's eyes. Robert nodded and Jimmy began to play the opening riff to Your Time is Gonna Come, skipping Jonesy's intro.

Lying, cheating, hurting, that's all you seem to do.

Messing around with every guy in town.

Watching them on a stage could not even compare to the rush I felt when having them a few inches away from me. A shiver ran through my spine and I was entranced by Jimmy's playing, accompanied by Robert's sweet voice. Jonesy joined shyly, sitting on a couch to my right and Bonzo's grimace turned into a smile of delight as he watched beside Jonesy. I mouthed the words and swayed to the rhythm.

Bonzo's POV

They didn't sing Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, after all. They'd chosen Your Time is Gonna Come, and decided to acknowledge our existence. The competitive spirit had vanished as they had started the song.

Jonesy joined and I watched them, smiling slightly as I saw Citlali grinning. As Robert sung the last words Jimmy kept going, beginning to improvise. Robert tried imitating the guitar with his voice; singing louder and higher. They kept going for a while until Robert shook his head and stopped, coughing a little, his voice sounding strained. Jimmy ended with a flourish and propped the guitar against his knee.

We all turned expectantly towards Citlali. She looked overwhelmed by the excessive attention but she gave us all a smile and clapped. Her eyes looked brighter, the green magnified by the small tears that had formed in her eyes and she quickly wiped away.

"Thank you. Really, thank you." she said, laughing giddily.

Robert's POV

I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw that she'd cried. I never had seen someone react to our music so closely before. I mostly guessed that if the crowd was crying, it was because they were crying in the same way that the Beatlemaniacs cried over them. The strange spontaneous sobbing and wailing of crazed fans. This was furthermore intriguing. I found myself thinking about kissing her and shook my head, trying to clear the thoughts away.