Chapter 5: Friends

Citlali's POV

'' I was in my room, and the next thing I know, I'm heading down Vag... Spadina Avenue and I'm finding myself in front of lake Ontario, seeing the sun rise. Then, Citlali, appeared out of the blue, and I decided to startle her. But then, I found myself ill and she took me here. '' Jimmy said very matter of factly and I laughed when he hesitated over the name of Spadina Avenue. I could feel three pair of eyes staring at me, and I felt uncomfortable. I shifted a little. Robert had been staring at me since he had first noticed me, and all I wanted to do was to stare right back, but I was scared...

''You should call Jimmy a doctor.'' I pressed and Jimmy let out a loud laugh that ended with a cough.

''You're right.'' said Robert, smiling at me and talking to Bonzo: '' Will you ask Peter to get him a doctor?'' Bonzo nodded and left the room. Jonesy pulled out another cigarette and sat in the balcony. Jimmy sat with him and Robert was just lost in his thoughts, staring into space. I began to feel sleepy, for I had not had any sleep, at all, surprisingly comfortable and safe, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Robert's POV

Jonesy and Jimmy went to the balcony to smoke and talk while we waited for the doctor, I saw Citlali fall asleep and I contemplated her for a while. She had surprisingly long and wavy brown hair that fell down to her waist. Her eyes closed, and her face relaxed, you could see freckles on her nose and cheeks. Her ankles were marked with brown ink, a few waves weaved into a sort of bracelet. She was, shockingly beautiful. She wasn't sickengly skinny, she had curves, probably due to the running and she was almost as tall as me. I loved her shirt too. It was blue, with white letters on it that said Nurses do it better. A soft knock on the door interrupted my trail of thinking, and a face peered through the hole of the door.

''Hello. Anyone call a doctor?'' I stood up and unlocked the door, letting the man in.

''Hi, I'm Robert Plant. Jimmy's the man who's sick.'' I told him, shaking his hand and pointing towards the men in the balcony.

''Oh, I know who you are.'' he smiled through his thick glasses. ''Well, bring him here on the bed.'' he said, making an attempt to wake Citlali up, but I stopped him, scooping her up in my arms and heading to my room. She stirred and started to open her eyes. ''Shh... love. Go to sleep, I'll just put you in my bed for now.'' I whispered as I set her on my bed and wrapped the covers on her. I wondered what to do. If I should stay in the room, or go see what Jimmy was doing, so I just served myself a drink, lit a cigarette , took Les Miserables from my bedside table and sat in the balcony.

Jimmy's POV

This strange doctor didn't tell me his last name, he only told me that I could call him John and that he was going to do a check up on me. He had wrinkles, and thick glasses that were coated with some sort of dust that he constantly had to clean off. He still had all his hair, but his sideburns were starting to acquire a silvery tone. He made me take off my shirt, he took my pulse, and my blood pressure. He took my temperature and then he spent a good five minutes scribbling on a pad, while he asked me some questions.

'' Do you smoke, Mr.Page?''

''It's Jimmy. Yes, I do.''

''Do you consume drugs, Mr.Page?''

''Yes... It's Jimmy.'' I hesitated

''What kind of drugs?''

'' Marihuana.''

''Anything else?''

''No.''

''Do you expect me to believe that?''

''Yes.'' at that point, I was starting to get embarrassed and he laughed.

''Are you a heavy drinker, Mr. Page?''

''No.'' I lied, thinking about the taste of whisky on my tongue.

''Well, then, you won't have any problem with alcohol prohibition for a week, then?'' he said, lifting one eyebrow in a questioning look.

''Absolutely not.'' I said, avoiding his eyes.

''So, you truly are not, the Jimmy Page I've heard of.'' he said, laughing. '' And I don't have any reason to suspect.'' he said, standing up and heading towards the closet, where the small fridge was. '' That you would have any alcohol here.'' He opened and found three bottles of Jack Daniels and he laughed again, while he took them out and slid them in a plastic bag he was carrying. ''Nor here.'' he said, while he headed towards the bed and checked under the matress, discovering five more bottles of Jack Daniels. He placed them also in the bag and winked.

''You have to drink this, twice a day, for a week. You cannot tour because you will just sicken more and you will have to be forced to bed rest for a month.'' he said, heading towards the door and throwing me a glass bottle.

''Oh, and by the way, Jimmy. First, that's cough syrup, so ingest it lightly or you will find yourself vomiting incontrolably. Second, rock artists shouldn't lie. Third, please do not consume any drugs in these days. Fourth, do not drink. And Fifth, do you really believe that you could fool an old man?'' he said, laughing as he opened the door. '' I treated Keith Richards, he had the same you do right now, though, he had several more bottles hidden. So, please, think twice before you underestimate an old man.'' he finished with a wink and left. '' I'LL BE BACK IN SIX DAYS.'' he yelled from the closed door.

I growled. No bloody whisky for a week, no tour. Fucking hell. Fucking old man.

Robert's POV

There was a knock on the door, and I opened it to find Jimmy's doctor. He handed me a plastic bag that contained more than three bottles of Jack Daniels and I raised an eyebrow, not understanding.

'' Mr. Page has to rest. You cannot tour until he's well, which will be in a week if he takes his medication and he abstains himself from drinking. I took those bottles from his room, I believe you could find them a better place. I will be back in six days, and hopefully he will be as good as new by then. Please, try to keep an eye on him, if he becomes worse, don't be afraid to call me.'' he said, handing me a card with his number. '' Who was that girl, on Jimmy's bed?'' he said, his eyes twinkling.

''Oh, just a bird. She found him at the harbour and took him here. Why?'' I said, on guard.

''I know her. Well, I know her parents. Please don't shatter her, like you treat other birds. ''' he said, in a protective tone.

'' I won't sir. '' I responded in a military tone. His expression softened and with a soft goodbye, he left.

Shatter her? Why would I shatter her? She was really different, though, I didn't have that strong envy to shag her as much as any bird. I actually wanted to know this girl. It was a strange feeling, a strange feeling indeed. I sat in the balcony again, and before plunging again in Jean Valjean's Paris, I laughed. Boy, is Peter going to murder Jimmy because the tour's been canceled.