8: Over A Meal

"Would you please stop following me?"

You knew he was close, following after you like a lost puppy.

He was curious.

He was persistent.

While there was certainly a content, playful aura surrounding him, your petty threats didn't seem to faze him in any way.

It's like he was a stone that could not be moved by water. Or, in this case, a leech that stuck to you like glue. Even with the extra prep in your step, you could feel him close behind you. Almost to the point of feeling the heat of his breath fan over the back of your neck.

You'd glanced back at him to see that same intense yet loving stare you noticed when meeting him, which was indeed trained on your backside.

While obvious since you were ahead of him, the way he's staring bores into you so deeply that you may as well be completely naked before his eyes.

The thought made you blush, and your heart did a flip. Never had you had anyone look at you the way he did.

It was sort of...sexy.

Messy bright yellow hair with red streaks and those oddly black forked eyebrows really did make him look oddly intimidating yet attractive.

Oddities aside, he truly was a stud!

But it was those golden eyes that faded into red that captivated you.

They were fierce but held so much enthusiasm and kindness. He was so proud, noble, and strong that you couldn't help the adoring and yearning look that daydreamers had while fantasizing.

No doubt, you were glancing at him the same way he was ogling you while he continued to trail you. Your destination was within reach; the temple was just beyond the red torii gates that stood at the end of the cobblestone path and were canopied by tall trees.

"Is everything alright, Miss Yuki-onna?" He asks, snapping you out of your daze.

Mortified by the realization that you had been staring at him longingly, you'd quickly turned away from him.

"Don't call me that!" You growled.

"Well, is there another name I can call you? My apologies, but I haven't actually gotten your name yet!" He says.

The nerve of this guy! There was just too much optimism in his tone.

"It's [Name]. Now quit following me!" You growled.

"[Name]" He repeats it as if testing your name on his tongue. "Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl!"

"Stop!" You exclaimed, your face turning all kinds of red from being flustered, enough to rival a strawberry or tomato.

He'd smiled, finding your reaction adorable, before introducing himself: "Pleasure to meet you, Miss (Name). I'm Rengoku Kyojuro, the Flame Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps!" He replies enthusiastically.