Chapter 22 - She-Devil

Confusion was all I felt the entire weekend. Confused about Luke's weird question and he weird behaviour. Confused about that dance and that weird situation with the king and queen and Crystal claiming I stole it from her. Confused about everything that was happening too quick for me to comprehend.

There was something off about the last few weeks but I couldn't put my finger on it. I hated that feeling, that itching in my brain that there was something I was missing.

"I had a great time at that dance Ellie," Jordan said, leaning against the locker beside mine as I put my books in. I couldn't help but smile at that. Jordan had fun at the dance with me. With me. The amount of times I'd wished for something like that...I couldn't even count.

"Same," I replied with a smile, turning to look at him properly. His hands were in the pockets of his jeans and his shoulder was pressed up against the lockers where he was leaning on it. His hair was messily gelled and his plain black and white baseball shirt just made him look gorgeous. He was gorgeous.

"We should do it again soon. Go out I mean," Jordan told me, nearly making me die on the spot with a wink. Pushing himself off the lockers, he turned and walked off with a grin.

Oh. Wow.

They were the only words that were running through my head at that point. Jordan Taylors. I was still in awe of the guy. He was probably my definition of perfect. It was everything about him. It was his smile, his eyes, his everything. Just perfect.

In the middle of my personal ranting about how perfect Jordan was, I didn't notice another guy walking up to me. It was only when I closed my locker that I noticed another person looking at me. Turning my head I saw a guy with artfully messy, blonde hair and light stubble on his jaw. He was wearing a red and black check shirt over a tight black t-shirt and black jeans. Don't get me started on his jaw line. In short, the guy was hot.

"Ditched college boy? Or are you still with him and just have Taylors on the side? Though neither of them seem like the kind of guy you cheat on. Actually, college boy does. He seems like that nice guy you would ditch," Blonde said to me, leaving me confused once again. I didn't like all this confusion, it made me feel stupid. I knew I was oblivious to things, Adam and Shauna had pointed that out multiple times but my obliviousness wasn't stupidity.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, the annoyance clear in my voice and my frown. Luke had said practically the exact same thing. What did these people know that I didn't? Because I felt out of the loop when it was all about me and that was just irritating.

"Your boyfriend at the party the other weekend. You two seemed pretty happy together. I'm just wondering why you are clearly cheating on him with Taylors and were stringing Luke along the whole time too," Blonde clarified and I really did feel stupid. College boy. How did I not know he was talking about Zach? He was like the only guy in college that I knew plus I had been at that party with him. Gosh that seemed like such a long time ago.

"You know what I'm talking about huh?" Blonde observed with a smirked, noticing my 'o' shaped mouth. "So I'm just wondering what your problem is because it's a problem. You see because you decided to string along my friend while you were cheating on your boyfriend, I have the pleasure of being around Crystal Lee. Do you know how annoying she is? You probably think you do but you haven't been around her while she's practically trying to do Luke every second she's around him. I don't want to be around her anyway, much less while she's like that."

"Who are you?" I asked Blonde with a smile tugging at the corner of my lips. It was always nice to hear someone dissing Crystal. I hated her guts.

"I'm Jake, Luke's friend. Can you answer now? Because I'm hoping that if I give Luke a reason he will stop being around Crystal to try and make you jealous," Jake answered, crossing his arms over his chest and looking at me impatiently. I pushed this new information out of my mind because I would end up over analysing it and stressing myself out.