Chapter 13 - Date Night (Part 2)

Why the hell was Luke here?!

Why the hell was Luke here with Crystal?!

Slowly, I turned on my heel to face Luke and Crystal with a terrible forced smile on my face and hopefully it didn't look that way. Crystal was holding Luke's hand, their fingers laced together and she was leaning into him with a smile in her eyes that looked like she'd won a prize or something. Luke nodded at Jordan and then winked at me and when Jordan saw, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders again, pulling me to his side.

I think I might faint.

"Fancy seeing you here Kitten," Luke said to me with that mischievous grin I had become accustomed to by now. He so knew I was going to be here.

Luke crashed my date on purpose.

"Luke, what a surprise," I replied, running my teeth over my bottom lip as I tried to calm myself down a bit. I had to think rationally about this. Luke had no idea I was going on a date with Jordan till a few hours ago and even then, he had no clue where we were going. He must have had this planned with Crystal before and we just happened to cross paths. That must be it, there's no other logical explanation for this. It must be.

"You look even more beautiful than you did earlier Kitten," Luke charmed and I felt my cheeks burn with a blush. No way. He was not flirting with me while I was on a date with Jordan and he was on a date with Crystal. Why was he on a date with Crystal anyway? I didn't know they were a thing? Then again, Jordan and I weren't really a thing. I hoped we might become a thing someday but right now we were so they didn't have to be either.

Why did the idea of Luke and Crystal bug me? It was probably because I considered Luke at least sort of a friend and I wouldn't Crystal on anyone, let alone one of my friends.

"Thanks Luke but what happened to you?" I blurted, a bit flustered from his compliment. I didn't say it seriously though, the teasing tone in my voice was crystal clear. Ha, crystal clear.

Luke's grin turned from mischievous to flirty in an instant and he opened his mouth to say something but Jordan cut him off.

"Well it was great seeing you guys but we should probably head in now," Jordan told the two of them with a quick, polite smile and was about to turn to head inside when Crystal spoke. Oh joy.

"You guys are going to screen six? So are we. That's perfect," Crystal said sweetly. Wait sweetly? That may have been Crystal a few weeks ago but that was certainly not the Crystal who had threatened me, set a drunk guy on me which I was not even going to let myself remember and then threatened me again. "Luke babe, you head in with Jordan. I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Come with Ellie?" Crystal asked with a sweet smile and her eyebrows raised with the question.

"Great," Jordan muttered under his breath, loud enough that only I could hear being close to him. Yes, close to him.  "Sure." Giving my shoulders a light squeeze he walked into the screen with  Luke.

I guess that means I was stuck with Crystal. Or more like being forced with Crystal, she was steering me into the girls bathroom before I even realized I was moving. She checked her lipstick in the mirror, popping her lips and then brushing a few hairs back in place. She continued to fix herself in the mirror while I just stood there awkwardly. Why did she want me in here with her anyway?

Then she whirled on me with a murderous glint to her eyes and her lips pressed into a grim line. That's why.

"Ellie, Ellie, Ellie," she clucked, shaking her head and letting her lips turn up into a cruel smile. "No matter what I do, you just don't listen. What else do you want me to do?" She asked me, actually sounding concerned but then she laughed, hollow and empty.