Meeting

Go, Dobby," Lucius ordered as the elf placed a tray of tea on the table.

"Yes, Master Lucius," Dobby squeaked, disappearing with a simple snap of his fingers.

Abraxas Malfoy was standing by the liquor cabinet, pouring himself a brandy. "How's my grandson?" He asked, turning to his son. "It's his first day at Hogwarts, isn't it?"

"Yes, Lord Malfoy," Narcissa replied as she slowly sipping her tea. "It's expected he'll be in Slytherin."

"Good," he nodded. "No other house is worthy of a Malfoy. Now that he's at school, what are your plans, Narcissa?"

Narcissa side-glanced at her husband, who could only watch his father; his hand gripping the handle of his wand tightly in the walking stick. "I plan on writing to him every day... and we're planning on a holiday in Ireland—"

"Any plans on producing a spare?" Abraxas pressed, looking at his son. "I understand that Draco is young and healthy, but what if something were to happen to him?"

Narcissa gasped and aspirated her tea. Lucius looked toward her as she held up her hand to tell him she was fine as her fit eased. "What are you implying, Lord Malfoy?"

"That you and my son are completely unprepared to carry on the family name," Abraxas replied coldly, taking a rather large swig. "Although I guess that's what happens when I let a Black into my home."

"Father!" Lucius exclaimed, glancing at Narcissa, who was struggling to keep calm.

"Am I wrong, Lucius?" Abraxas challenged, turning his cold gaze to his son as he finished the brandy. "Both of your sisters have two young toddler sons as spares to their family line..." he turned an accusing eye on Narcissa. "Your sister, Bellatrix, is in Azkaban and wasn't responsible enough to even consummate her marriage. I won't even bring up the blood-traitor sister of yours; but what am I supposed to think when there isn't a spare to your heir?"

"There have been complications..." Narcissa whispered.

Lucius placed a comforting hand on hers as he glared at his father. "For your information, Father, we were waiting until Draco went to school before discussing more children."

Abraxas sniffed, placing the cup on the cabinet and then stalking toward his daughter-in-law. "Isn't Molly Weasley a distant cousin to you, Narcissa? How many children does she have? Five?"

"Seven," Narcissa murmured.

"Seven... and one of those birthings brought on a set of twins. So explain why a blood-traitor can do her due diligence as a wife with no money and being the wealthy woman you are can only produce one child? Even the muggle Prince and Princess did their due diligence and even the Wizarding community knows about their rocky marriage."

"That will be enough, Father," Lucius snarled, pulling out the wand from his walking stick. "I think it's time for you to leave."

"Threatening the patriarch of your family?" Abraxas chuckled. "You have any idea what you're doing, boy?"

"Yes," Lucius replied, watching his father's hand. "Sending my father home. I'm Lord of this manor now, and I'm the one with the influence in the ministry. If you proceed to insult my wife, I will let it slip that it was you who poisoned Leach."

"Careful, boy," Abraxas smiled, taking a step toward Lucius. "If you send me to Azkaban, I will ensure you join me. Unlike the Americas, you can be tried again for the same crime."

"No," Narcissa gasped, coming up to Lucius's side. "Please—"

"Silence, woman!" Abraxas bellowed, slapping her across the face. Narcissa fell to the ground from the force of the blow.

Lucius waved his wand and struck his father; the elder Malfoy collapsing before them, knocked out. "Dobby!" Lucius yelled, placing his wand on Abraxas's temple and muttering a spell.

"Y-yes... Master," Dobby stuttered, appearing before Lucius. He flinched when he saw Narcissa on the ground. "Does Master require Dobby to assist Mistress?"

"No," Lucius growled. "I need you to take Mr. Malfoy back to his cottage; then prepare more tea for Mistress Malfoy."

"Yes, Master Lucius," Dobby bowed, snapping his fingers when he reached Abraxas's body.

Lucius then turned back to his wife, putting his wand away before offering to help her up. "Are you alright?" He asked, gently brushing against the bruised cheek.

"I've had far worse," Narcissa winced. "Let's just hope he doesn't contact my father about anything."

"He won't," Lucius murmured, gently leading her to his chair. "I altered his memory. The last thing he remembers is us escorting him to the dinner after politely dismissing him for his remarks."

"Thank you," Narcissa murmured as Lucius pulled her down.

They sat there for several moments, Lucius rubbing Narcissa's back as tears slowly streamed down her face. Dobby appeared with more tea, setting it down and leaving without so much as a criticism from Lucius. "Tea's here," Lucius murmured, brushing away her tears.

"Thank you," she mumbled, shifting out of his grasp so he could grab a cup for himself. Once he finished his cup, he looked back at Narcissa who seemed to be lost in her thoughts.

"Don't let what my father said get to you," Lucius said firmly, squeezing her hand.

"He's right, though," Narcissa murmured. "Why is it that a blood-traitor who mingles with mudbloods is able to produce so many heirs... while we adhere strictly to our family values, and we were only able to have one?"

"You envy them don't you?" Lucius asked, placing his tea down, squeezing her arm reassuringly. Narcissa nodded hesitantly, allowing her tears to stream freely as a sob escaped her. "It's alright, 'Cissa..." Lucius reassured her, pulling her back to him. He let he cry for several moments before speaking again. "If you're ready to try again, I'm not going to be opposed to it." He pressed a finger to her lips. "But only when you're ready. I will not have my father dictate our marriage bed."

Narcissa gave him a rueful smile. "Give me about a week, and we can try again. Fifth time's the charm, right?"

"Worked on our third try," Lucius agreed, kissing her gently. "And I'm going to look into having my father removed from acceptable guests to pass through the gate."

"That is one thing I will not object to."