Family feud

"Lucius," Narcissa called, her voice coming from the direction Solarium. They had just sent Draco on an outing with his cousins while they waited for her father to come by; and rather than wait idly, she decided to soothe her nerves by practicing a new technique. "Can you come to the Solarium?"

"Of course, darling," Lucius called back, walking through the manor until he came to where his wife was. "Dobby!"

"Y-yes, Master Lucius?" Dobby asked nervously.

"Alert us when Mr. Black arrives," Lucius said, walking toward Narcissa, giving her a firm kiss before pulling away. "Now, why are we in here."

"I wanted to try something," Narcissa explained. "I want to see if apparating in battle could be possible."

"Isn't that a bit dangerous, 'Cissa?" Lucius asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Perhaps," Narcissa nodded, a proud smirk crossing her lips. "But between the two of us, I am the better apparitioner."

"That's up for debate," Lucius scoffed a bit before sighing. "Alright, but if you splinch yourself I want no complaints. Did you restock the Dittany?"

"Wouldn't be asking you if I hadn't," Narcissa smiled, walking to a corner as Lucius drew his wand. "Besides, if it's successful, I can use this for our next dueling sessions."

Lucius cast the spell, holding his breath as Narcissa disappeared before the spell could hit her. He heard a soft "pop" behind him and shot another spell. They repeated this process several times, each time Lucius shot a spell, Narcissa would apparate to dodge; although she had started to form a pattern and he shot a spell at the spot she was going to appear in. Her wand was launched from her hand as she staggered, causing Lucius to chuckle as he picked up her wand and gave it back to her. "You got predictable."

"About time you started taking control of her, Lucius," a cold voice echoed.

"M-master Lucius..." Dobby's meek voice sounded just behind Abraxas Malfoy. "Master Black is here... as well as Master
Abraxas..."

A moment later, Cygnus Black III appeared. "Is this how a Lady acts these days, Narcissa? Apparating in a game of 'catch me'?"

Narcissa's lip twisted a bit as Lucius put his wand into his cane. "Is it not prudent of her to practice some battle skills?" Lucius countered, offering her his arm. She gladly accepted, as they all walked toward the parlor. "Being a Death Eater, after all, has its risks, and I would rather my wife be prepared for anything."

"She's not a Death Eater," Cygnus growled. "Unlike my darling Bella, she never had the aspiration to become something... or pay the price."

Lucius took Narcissa's hand into his own, squeezing it tightly as they sat together on the love seat. Abraxas sat in chaise while Dobby brought in another chair for Cygnus to sit in. "I married Lucius, didn't I? I may not be as combative as Bella, but I gained a title and have significant influence in the Wizarding community."

"You didn't exactly have much choice," Cygnus grumbled. "I wasn't about to let you go off and marry anyone you desired."

Out of his peripheral vision, Lucius noticed Narcissa's jaw clench, and he knew that she was probably fighting off memories about her blood-traitor sister's disownment. "Nevertheless, I proposed to her," Lucius added, squeezing her hand reassuringly as he continued to stare down both men with disdain. "And we both discussed the possibility of her joining the ranks; but, we agreed that her skills would be better served outside of the ranks. Not to mention, when Draco was born she wanted to focus her efforts on being a mother."

"Yes," Abraxas mused. "And how has that come along? I seem to recall our last interaction involving you 'discussing' about having more children to add to the family name."

"We are still discussing the matter," Lucius said evenly, releasing Narcissa's hand as he put an arm around her shoulder; she smiled up at him gratefully, squeezing his hand. "If we have more children, you will be the last to find out."

"I would be careful about how you say that, boy," Abraxas snarled. "You may have the title and your rather large inheritance; but, I still have leverage over you... and your pathetic excuse of a wife."

Narcissa tensed and looked over at Lucius worriedly.

"You don't think we knew about the others?" Cygnus asked, a sadistic grin sliding across his face. "The two before Draco and the one after?"

Narcissa drew her wand, shakily pointing it at Cygnus. "Shut up you bloody prick," she hissed.

"What's a trollop like you going to do about it?" Cygnus snarled.

Lucius pulled out his wand as a black snake shot out from her wand, wrapping around his wrists. "Don't..." he warned his father, who was reaching for his wand.

"Despite what you did to me when I was a girl," Narcissa said darkly as the snake opened its mouth to reveal the venomous fangs. "I picked up on a few things. Unfortunately, I'm not able to perform a proper Cruciatus curse... but the Black Mamba seems to have a similar effect..."

"Go ahead," Cygnus goaded. "Kill me. If you're lucky, you'll spend the rest of your miserable  life in St. Mungo's... if not, Azkaban with your sister."

"That's exactly what you would want," Narcissa stated as the snake neared his neck with its fangs. "If I don't do exactly as you wish, you'll expose my private life to the Daily Prophet. I don't know how you found out about my children, but I'm done letting you control my life." With a flick of her wand the snake vanished before it could bite down. "And I refuse to stoop to your level."

Narcissa then stepped back a bit as Lucius stepped in front of her, holding his cane up in case one of them planned a sneak attack. He was so proud of her; he would've kissed her if their fathers weren't there, but he had to hold his guard. "As I said," he began, watching Cygnus and his father reach for their wands, but Narcissa released a warning spell. "You will be the last to know if we have anymore children.  You will be invited to private family affairs only. If you wish to see your grandson, you will alert us promptly via owl, and we will do our best to accommodate."

"And if we refuse to adhere?" Abraxas asked.

"If you want a feud," Lucius replied, glancing at both of the patriarchs. "By all means."

Abraxas snickered, meeting his son's gaze evenly. "Let's go Cygnus, I believe we've made our point."

As they turned to leave, Lucius summoned Dobby to escort them out. After hearing the front door close, he turned to Narcissa and kissed her passionately. "I love you," he murmured.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as she pulled away. "I'm so sorry..."

"'Cissa," he murmured, cupping her face as he wiped her tears. "There is no need to be sorry. I'm so proud of you right now... how you stood up to your father... it was glorious to watch."

A sob escaped her throat as she smiled. He learned forward again, brushing his lips over hers gently; hoping she would reciprocate. She slowly began returning his kiss. Lucius smiled and picked her up bridal style. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"It's a surprise," he murmured, looking down at her. "Trust me?"

"Of course."

With a twist Of his wrist, he apparated them out of the parlor.