Christmas party

"He's already a Seeker," Draco grumbled during their walk through the gardens. It was the beginning of Christmas break and both Malfoy parents were excited to have their son back home. Especially with tonight being the Christmas party. "I thought first years couldn't even join the Quidditch team!"

"They're not supposed to," Narcissa agreed, a bit annoyed at the school. "However, I'm wondering how he got chosen as Seeker without a proper tryout?"

Draco hesitated a moment. "All I did was throw Longbottom's stupid remembrall."

"Longbottom?" Narcissa tensed, looking at Lucius. He gently squeezed her hand reassuringly. The blood-traitors and ex-aurors Frank and Alice Longbottom had been tortured over a decade ago by none other than Bellatrix, Narcissa's older sister. They had refrained from telling Draco due to his age, but he was going to find out sooner or later.

"Yeah, fat boy, can hardly do any proper magic," he stopped to look at his parents. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing darling," Narcissa murmured quickly. "You just reminded me that your father and I need to check on some donations."

"We will when we go back inside," Lucius nodded, his gaze hardening a bit toward Draco. "So essentially it's your fault that Potter was made a Seeker?"

Draco bowed his head shamefully. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Draco," Narcissa murmured, squeezing his shoulder. "Next time try not to be as foolish."

"Okay. Can I go play with Crabbe and Goyle?"

"Yes, love," she smiled. "But stay out of the kitchen dinner should be ready soon and the rest of our guests should be arriving as well."

"You're soft on him," Lucius muttered, shaking his head.

"And you're hard on him," Narcissa replied, shivering a bit. Lucius pulled her close, to keep out the chill. She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. "Together we balance it out."

"Yes we do, 'Cissa," he smiled. Suddenly they heard someone gasp and a soft thud. They rushed forward to see Draco on the ground, stunned.

"Draco!" Narcissa cried as Lucius pulled out his wand from his cane; raising it just in time to prevent a spell from striking them. Narcissa pulled out her wand, waving and disarming them. "Yaxley!"

"Too easy," Corban Yaxley smirked, picking up the wand.

"You know the rule about ambushing the children, Yaxley," Narcissa growled, raising her wand. "Crucio!"

Yaxley doubled over as the spell struck him— however, it lasted for only a few seconds. "Some Dark Witch you are. Can't even do a proper Cruciatus Curse."

Lucius waved his wand, and rope came out of it, wrapping around Yaxley's body and pinning him to one of the hedges; while Narcissa summoned a Black Mamba. Lucius stood beside her, covering her back as the massive snake slithered toward Yaxley. "The Cruciatus Curse may not be my forte; however, the Snake Summoner Charm has always been a family favorite." The snake hissed, baring its venomous fangs. "I've always admired snake venom... each one has various effects..." the snake reared back and struck Yaxley's hand. "Black Mamba is the most interesting effect." The snake struck again and again as Narcissa spoke. "Some can't even tell that they've been bitten... Vipera Evanesca..." she murmured, the snake vanishing instantly. "However, in about ten minutes, you will be feeling the full effect of the venom... unless you receive the antidote of course... and the only way you're going to receive that is by adhering to the rules of ambushing children." She looked over and gave Lucius a subtle nod. Lucius released Yaxley from the rope. Yaxley crumbled after being released, and Narcissa opened the skull ring on her finger; removing a tiny vial. "Are we agreed?"