The Black House

November 9th, 1992

It had been two months since Narcissa had last seen Andromeda. With the deaths of great-aunt Cassiopeia and aunt Lucretia, Narcissa had been bombarded with arrangements and managing other affairs. Both of them had left the last Black heirs a considerable sum of money, which immediately fell to Narcissa since both Bellatrix and Sirius were in Azkaban, as well as all other inheritances. Then there was Draco's first Quidditch Match, which turned out to be a disappointing, and rather interesting loss. However, Andromeda hadn't shown yet, and Narcissa was starting to get more and more anxious. Maybe I should've brought Lucius instead, she thought, her nails digging into her skin, as she paced around the backyard. Maybe it would've been better just for them to clear out the Black House, and perhaps finding the evidence they needed to get Abraxas off their backs. She jumped, pulling out her wand, as she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Merlin's sake!" she gasped, seeing that it was only Andromeda.

"Are you alright, Cissy?" Andromeda asked, notes of concern in her voice and face.

"Fine," she grumbled, lowering her wand, and heading up the staircase. "I just want to get at least one room done by tonight."

"Which room do you want to start with first?"

"Sitting room," Narcissa replied, using the unlocking spell to open up the back door. The front door was preferable, but because of discretion to Lucius, Narcissa saw it fit to use the back instead. Slowly, the sisters entered the house. Narcissa screamed as a dust figure shaped like their father surged toward them. "Traitor!" it screeched.

"Finite Incantatem!" Andromeda cried, waving her wand. The figure disappeared instantly, and Narcissa took a moment to collect her bearings. "You alright?"

"I will be," Narcissa muttered, taking another step inside the house. It was covered in dust and cobwebs; broken glasses and bottles lied strewn about. "I guess Father did set up enchantments to prevent you from coming home..."

"You didn't think he would?"

Narcissa shrugged, glancing along the walls of where portraits of all the Black Family hung. "The last time I was here, was the day I came home for Christmas holidays; and I wound up staying at the Manor—" She jumped as a roach skittered across the floor, her lip twisting in disgust at the creature. "I didn't think it was this bad."

"How long ago did Mother pass?" Andromeda asked, stepping toward the sitting room, where several portraits were sitting on shelves and tables.

"Not long after Draco was born," Narcissa replied softly. "I think he was nearly two when we heard the news."

"So, this is what a decade of neglect looks like," Andromeda said softly, her fingers brushing against the frame of the pictures. "What happened to the house-elf we had... Dotty?"

"Same thing as all house-elves when they get too old to carry a tea-tray, I presume," Narcissa sighed, scanning all the furniture and tables. Pillows untouched for who knows how long; covered in dust and webs. "I'm sure Aunt Walburga was ecstatic about it," she added drily. There was quiet between them, Narcissa then waved her wand scored the upholstery, but failed to get the cobwebs and dust. Andromeda wordlessly waved her wand at the same sofa, but the cobwebs instantly disappeared, and the sofa looked brand new. "How..."

"Molly Weasley,"  Andromeda replied, working on the opposite sofa. "She taught me a few things."

"You would mingle with other blood-traitors," Narcissa muttered softly, looking over the furniture for even the slightest of something out of the ordinary. Unfortunately, though, there was too much debris that she would have to use the mending charm if she was going to get any answers.