Return to King's Cross

Narcissa forced herself to suppress her quiver of excitement as she watched the train come towards the platform. The grip of her husband's hand on her shoulder was firm, trying to get her to remain calm; however, she could see the ghost of an amused smile on his lips. The year had been a bit rough on her with Draco's absence, and she cherished every moment he spent with them while he was on vacation. Now, he was home for about two months, and she would be able to spend a little bit of time with him every day. A dull throb in her heart reminded her that she should've been doing this several years earlier; but she shoved that to the side. Now was not a time to dwell on the past. "Dobby, get Draco's luggage," Lucius ordered as the train came to a halt. The elf nodded and disappeared immediately. It took several minutes to locate their son through the crowded students. Finally, they were able to see his distinctive white-blond hair walking toward them.

"What's wrong, Draco?" Narcissa asked, noticing the scowl on her son's face as he walked toward his parents. Before he could reply, there was a sudden whooping and hollering from farther up ahead, noticeably by a crowd of redheads. "What are they so happy about?"

"Gryffindor stole the House Cup," Draco grumbled as Dobby appeared by his side with the luggage.

"Take the luggage to the manor, Dobby," Narcissa ordered. "Then resume your usual duties."

"Yes, Mistress," Dobby nodded, snapping his fingers and vanishing to the manor.

"Now," she said, as the small family stepped away from the edge, waiting for the platform to become less crowded. They didn't want to accidentally apparate someone to the manor. "How did Gryffindor steal the House Cup?"

"Because Dumbledore gave last minute points to Potter, Granger, Weasely, and even that pathetic Longbottom," Draco replied immediately. "The Hall was already decorated with Slytherin colors; and Gryffindor came in dead last because Potter and his slimy friends lost them so many points!"

"How did they get the points?" Lucius asked.

"Because of what happened when that Muggle wallowing Professor died."

Lucius released a very irritated groan; Narcissa slid her hand into his. "Clearly Dumbledore has some biased towards Gryffindor," she murmured, noticing that there wasn't anyone too close to them. She then placed her free hand on Draco's shoulder, and apparated them to the Manor.

"I don't feel good," Draco mumbled, swaying a bit on his feet.

"It'll pass, darling," Narcissa assured him, feeling slightly drained herself. She was more used to apparating with her husband, and with Draco having grown a few inches since the last time she apparated the three of them. She leaned up to Lucius's ear. "We may have to start apparating separately..." she whispered, getting her bearings as she gripped Lucius's arm tighter.

"Why don't we sit down," Lucius suggested, leading them to he Parlor. He helped Narcissa sit down and summoned the elf for some refreshments. "I suppose Dumbledore didn't want to see Slytherin win the House Cup again."

"I would've sworn that Head Masters were supposed to remain unbiased," Narcissa commented. "I guess he's lost his senses at his age."

Lucius chuckled as Dobby brought them their refreshments, and they all settled down. Draco talked about the exams and how dull they were; although he praised Severus and his teaching style. Not to mention how hard he was on the Potter boy and would basically ignore the Granger girl-- who apparently was a mudblood. Which made it less surprising that she was a Gryffindor, as Potter's mother was also a mudblood that was a Gryffindor. Eventually, he suggested his cousins come over, and they granted his wish. While the children were playing Quidditch, the elder Malfoys took a stroll to the Secret Garden. "He's certainly had an eventful year," she said, kneeling down beside the Christmas Roses. She stared at the the flower with the most charms, nineteen, sighing wistfully.

"One down, six to go," Lucius agreed, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, nuzzling her cheek. His hand slid into hers. "And, if the fates are kind, perhaps there might be a chance we could have more eventful years such as this."

"Don't tease," she sighed, leaning into his shoulder.

"I'm not, my precious flower," Lucius whispered, gently kissing her neck, eliciting a smile from her. "I have faith that we will, at some point, have more. How many more, it doesn't matter." He then fully wrapped her up in his arms; his hands gently grazing against her stomach for the briefest of moments. "Until then, though, promise me to be content with what we have? Ignore our parents, they have no right to interfere with things they don't understand?"

"I promise," she replied, closing her eyes in content, growing a bit drowsy in the mid-day sun. "Although, can we discuss getting another chain for Leo?"

Lucius chuckled. "Of course, darling," he replied, turning her head; he kissed her lips; which she returned passionately. She could be happy just like this; she could be happy like this, forever.