Reunion

September 6th, 1992

"We've got another letter from Draco," Narcissa spoke as Lucius walked into the dining room and placed kiss on her cheek. "It's barely his first week in and he's already this busy?"

"I'm sure he's just going to brag about how he's the new seeker of Slytherin," Lucius replied, noticing a note from Severus as well. Just as he opened it, Narcissa gasped.

"Good Lord!"

"What is it, darling?" he asked, glancing at his wife.

"Draco says there was a message written on the wall in blood about the Chamber of Secrets being opened last night," Narcissa replied, continuing to read their son's letter. "Telling the school that enemies of the heir should beware."

"The heir of Salazar Slytherin is at Hogwarts now?" Lucius scoffed. "I wonder which family was lucky enough to have Slytherin blood."

"No one on my side," Narcissa replied, sipping some tea. "I'd have to look at the other family trees; but, wasn't the Dark Lord claiming to be the only heir to Salazar Slytherin?"

"He wasn't very forthcoming about his heritage, to my knowledge," Lucius replied, opening the letter from Severus and reading the contents. "However, like most, the fact that he spoke parseltongue made us convinced that he was the heir."

"I suppose since it's not a very common gift, it's the only proof that one can accept."

"You have your doubts?"

Narcissa averted her gaze, and he reached over and took her hand into his; squeezing her hand reassuringly. "I just wish there was another way to confirm his heritage, is all." She put the letter down and grabbed a crumpet from the center of the table; pulling her hand out of his. "Anyway, it's none of my business. I was never part of the inner circle to pass such judgements."

Lucius folded the letter he was holding and put it into his robes. Then he stood up, and walked over to his wife. He tilted her chin, so she could face him, and placed a lingering kiss on her lips. "You know you can always speak your mind with me," he whispered, kissing her cheek. "I'll be at the Ministry for awhile."

"I have a few errands to run, anyway," she replied, spreading some marmalade on her crumpet. "I'll be back before supper."

௹௹௹

Narcissa kept the hood of her cloak pulled up as she knocked on the door to the house. Thankfully where was a slight drizzle, so no one would think it suspicious of her. She began wondering if the occupant was out; but, she got her answer a moment later. "What are you doing here?" Andromeda's voice spoke softly, as she cracked the door. Through the dim light, Narcissa could see the surprise in her sister's eyes.

"I-I need your help," Narcissa replied, after hesitating for several moments.

After several more moments, she opened the door wider and ushered her inside. "I can't offer you much," Andromeda said stiffly, waving her wand and hanging Narcissa's coat on the coat rack. "But I can offer the basics."

Narcissa looked around as Andromeda led her into a small dining room. "It's quaint, to say the least," Narcissa tried to muster up a polite comment.

"I know it's not quite your style," Andromeda chuckled drily. "But, it's home. Tea?"

"Thank you," Narcissa replied, rather uncomfortable as she sat down at the dining table. The rooms were much smaller compared to the manor, and even the grand Black home; it was making her feel a bit claustrophobic. "Is there anyone else here?"

"Dora's at the Ministry for her Auror training," Andromeda replied, putting the kettle on the stove. "Ted's a host on the Wizarding Wireless. They'll both be out until Supper." Narcissa held back a comment, looking around for a moment; playing with her wedding ring. "We might as well address the elephant in the room. How did you find me?"