Battle

September 2nd, 1992

"Lucius," Narcissa called, her voice coming from the direction Solarium. "Can you come to the Solarium?"

"Of course, darling," Lucius called back, walking through the manor until he came to where his wife was. He smiled when he found her, giving her a firm kiss before pulling away. "Now, why are we in here?" He asked, noticing how all the furniture was pushed off to the sides of the room.

"I wanted to try something," Narcissa explained. "I want to see if apparating in battle could be possible."

"Isn't that a bit dangerous, 'Cissa?" Lucius asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Perhaps," Narcissa nodded, a proud smirk crossing her lips. "But between the two of us, I am the better apparitioner."

"That's up for debate," Lucius scoffed, before sighing to concede. "Alright, but if you splinch yourself I want no complaints. Did you restock the Dittany?"

"Wouldn't be asking you if I hadn't," Narcissa smiled, walking to a corner as Lucius drew his wand. "Besides, if it's successful, I can use this for our next dueling sessions."

Lucius cast the spell, holding his breath as Narcissa disappeared before the spell could hit her. He heard a soft pop behind him and shot another spell. They repeated this process several times, each time Lucius shot a spell, Narcissa would apparate to dodge; although, she had started to form a pattern and he shot a spell at the spot she was going to appear in. Her wand was launched from her hand as she staggered, causing Lucius to chuckle as he picked up her wand and gave it back to her. "You got predictable."

"Guess I'll have to work on that," she replied, smiling up at him. He leaned forward to press his lips to hers in a loving kiss.

"About time you started taking control of her, Lucius," a cold voice echoed. "Although, I doubt this is how a proper Lord and Lady should act."

The couple froze and looked up at the doorway to see Abraxas Malfoy at the doorway.

"M-master Lucius..." Dobby's meek voice sounded just behind Abraxas Malfoy. "M-Master Abraxas..."

Narcissa's lip twisted a bit as Lucius put his wand into his cane. "Is it not prudent of her to practice some battle skills?" Lucius countered, offering her his arm. She gladly accepted, as they all walked toward the parlor. "Being a Death Eater, after all, has its risks, and I would rather my wife be prepared for anything."

"She's not a Death Eater," Abraxas pointed out. "Unlike Cygnus's darling Bellatrix, she never took the Dark Mark."

Lucius took Narcissa's hand into his own, squeezing it tightly as they sat together on the love seat. Abraxas sat in chaise. "We discussed the notion of my wife joining the ranks," Lucius replied stiffly. "However, we both agreed that she would serve a better purpose outside of them; and, it worked to our advantage. By not taking the Dark Mark, Narcissa created doubt that I was a Death Eater willingly and forced against my will."

"Essentially betraying the Dark Lord," Abraxas pointed out.

Out of his peripheral vision, he saw a shudder go up Narcissa's spine. His arm immediately went around her shoulders in a comforting manner. He didn't care that his father would consider it inappropriate or weak. He was proud of the relationship he had with his wife; and he was going to show how unified they were. "I had more important things to worry about. Such as my wife and child."

Narcissa offered him a small smile, before bristling a bit at Abraxas's next comment. "Nothing is more important than the cleansing of mudbloods and blood-traitors." His gaze lingered on Narcissa for several uncomfortable moments. "Well, with the exception that we continue adding to the family tree..."