{You're Irreplaceable}

Requested by LordObviousOfDuh on ao3:  Harley and tony reconnect or something and are brought to the tower, then they hit it off and tony slowly and unknowingly replaces peter. Someone like nat notices and maybe Harley too and they help him or something. Then it ends with peter sacrificing himself in a mission and getting really hurt. Then tony is like r u ok? And nat is like back off you've ignored him for a month. Then reconciliation or whatever. Also parkner. Maybe?

I swear y'all are so creative. And yes, the title is Beyonce's song title.

TW: Sad Peter. Peter Parker x Harley Keener. Angst (or as angsty as I can make it) with a happy ending. For the sake of plot convenience, let's pretend that Peter lives with Tony for some reason.

**********

In my Tennessee mountain home
Life is as peaceful as a baby's sigh
In my Tennessee mountain home

Crickets sing in the fields near-

"Harley?" Tony said immediately after picking up his phone.

"Hey, old man," Tony smiled hearing the boy's deep voice, "What's up?"

"Nothing much, Tennessee whiskey," he chuckled, "What made you remember your old man today?"

"I was wondering if," Harley hesitated, "if we could meet up. As much as it physically pains me to say this, you are an alright person to be around."

Tony knew this was his way of saying 'I miss you'.

"Of course, kiddo. I'll send you a jet ASAP," he smiled.

"Thanks, old man :)."

"...Did you seriously say 'colon parenthesis' at the end of your sentence?"

"What about it?"

"Nothing at all kid, see you soon."

**********

"You seem very happy, Mr. Stark," Peter asked, smiling.

"Oh, Harley is coming over today," Tony said, literally vibrating.

"Oh, that kid from Tennessee you never shut up about?" Peter grinned, "Do I have to get ready for some competition for your affection?"

Tony turned serious quickly, catching the undertone of insecurity in the kid's voice. "Not at all kiddie. I love you both equally <3."

"...Did you seriously say 'lesser-than-three'? Or did I imagine it?"

"What about it?"

***********

"Harley," Tony smiled warmly, "God, look at you, you've grown taller than me."

"Looks like it, old man," Harley smirked, blue eyes glinting.

"I don't like it, sit down."

Harley laughed and complied, settling down on a chair near the dining table. He ran a hand through his shaggy blonde hair. 

Tony opened his mouth to say something, but then a boy bent over a StarkPad shuffled into the kitchen.

Harley examined the boy in silence. He was wearing an oversized baby blue sweater("Adorable," his mind whispered), black skinny jeans, and sneakers. He was very short ("Size kink go brrr"), his 5'10'' frame looking extra small compared to his 6'2'' height. All he could see of his physical features was that he was extremely pale and had curly brown hair, all mussed up and messy.