↑ normal version

↑ slowed version

play either one of the songs when this symbol is shown → ♡
                                           。。。。

   I hiss as Albedo dabs at a scrape on my knee with a cotton ball wet with chemicals.

    My arm is in a sling, a strap around my neck for support. The huge white bandage around my torso is uncomfortable, adding to my discomfort.

   Sucrose hovers behind Albedo, shifting from foot to foot with a worried frown painted on her face.

  When Albedo brought me to this room in the Knights of Favonius' headquarters, Sucrose had nearly passed out at the sight of my wounds. With a broken arm and huge cut across my back, I wouldn't exactly blame her.

   Albedo sighs and stands up, but it seems to be one of relief. "You're lucky. Your injuries could of been much worse from what you've told me."

   I smile awkwardly. I'd left out the part about Venti..

  Albedo hands the supplies to Sucrose, who carefully places them on a shelf decorated with potions and books.

  I take a moment to gather up the courage to ask the question I've been wanting to ask.

  "Why.." I whisper, realizing how much it actually affected me.  Albedo looks back over to me with a questioning look that says 'go on.'

  I exhale shakily. "Why did you leave me at the tavern?" I finally say. I'd thought he abandoned me. That I got boring for him or he didn't want the responsibility of taking care of me on his shoulders.

  But when he took me back in at the gate an hour earlier, I realized this was thankfully not the case.

  I met his eyes, which looked to be void of emotions. Although I thought I might've seen a spark of guilt for a moment.

  Sucrose walked over to the door, about to leave when she leans down to where I'm sitting.

   "P-please meet me at the end of Starsnatch Cliff tomorrow at sunset," she whispered shyly, before exiting the room. I blinked, surprised at the small blush coating her face.

I stare at the door in wonder for a moment when Albedo clears his throat to catch my attention.

   He has a soft smile on his face. "I was unexpectedly busy that day. I went to the tavern late at night but you were not there. I was concerned for you and asked around. It turns out that you were with Diluc and ran off. He is also the person who told me your true name, Akira."

   I release a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding.

"Also, based on what you were telling me, you probably need to know some sort of self defense," he says, grabbing a polearm that was leaning on a nearby wall.

   I stiffen. I do know self defense from my past life. What will I tell Albedo if he finds out? That it's just some instinct that slimes have? No, that won't do..