十九

Lumine's POV

     Grateful.

   That's how I should feel towards the ginger in front of me. He's the one who just saved Paimon and I from the Millelith after all.

  But I can't help but be distrusting considering the man's getup. I could recognize it anywhere. Snezhnayan attire.

  My eyes sweep over the said man. Orange hair, dull blue eyes that look like they're keeping a secret. Hanging off his ear is a gold chain with some sort of red gem on it.

  Paimon looks as confused as I feel. "Just who are you exactly?" she asks, pointing at him.

  "Call me Childe," he simply states. I can feel my shoulders starting to relax. There's no malice in his voice.

  "Childe," Paimon says in disbelief, "What? Are we supposed to dote on you?"

  Childe laughs good naturedly. "Haha, no no, not at all. It's an alias of sorts."

  "In Mondstadt, I don't suppose you came across a "Signora" by any chance?"

  My stomach drops and I immediately take up a fighting stance. Signora caused Akira to be injured, and that I can never forgive.

  But Paimon, as always, is a little slow, trying to recall the name "Signora."

  "Signora..Childe.." she murmurs, cupping her chin.

  Then her eyes turn as wide as saucers, and she flies back a bit in shock. "You're Fatui! One of the Harbingers!"

  Okay, now that's news. I ball my fists, ready to protect Paimon. I knew I couldn't trust a ginger.

  But Childe seems as relaxed as ever. "Oh no. Don't worry, I'm not looking for a fight," he reassures us smoothly.

  "Signora gave you quite the bad impression huh? Tsk, that woman...Can't say I'm a fan either," he continues, scrunching up his brows in distaste at the woman's name.

  "Right, let's forget about her, shall we? I'm here to help you," his charismatic words tempt me to trust him, but I'm not that foolish.

  If I died at the hands of this Fatui, I'd never be able to see Aether or Akira again, and that's the last thing I want. Ever.

  "Help?" I ask suspiciously.

  "Yes. Help."

  "I'm not a bad guy...Okay, perhaps I'm kind of a bad guy, but I'm not here to give you trouble! Would it be to much to ask to keep your sword sheathed?"

  I stiffly move back into a normal standing position, getting ready for any surprise attacks.

  "Haha, I thank you for your knightly nobility, Lumine. I heard of your deeds in Mondstadt, so I couldn't help but notice you in the proceedings back there," he explains slowly, making sure I'm following.

  "Aaand because I had my eye on you the whole time, I know it wasn't you. Someone else was clearly behind it," he states like it was the most obvious thing ever.

  He's a little bit creepy, but if it means getting help, I think I'll give him a chance.

                                          Timeskip

    "Okay.." Paimon says, "So we just have to go to Jueyun Karst and ask for help from the Adepti to clear our name and get justice?"

  I nod curtly, staring over the balcony at Northland Bank. I know we have a task, but my mind keeps going elsewhere.

  Akira. What is she doing right now, after she went off on her own to not slow us down? Hopefully the Millelith didn't give her a rough time.

   I tilt my head up, breathing in the fresh air. It smells like Glaze Lilies and spices.

I lean further into the railing, shutting my eyes.

I promise I'll come back to you right away.

。。。。
Akira's POV

I set my chopsticks down, looking over to the man next to me, amused.

Despite the fact that he didn't bring enough money to pay for his food at the Wanmin Restaurant, his expression is stern.

His amber eyes stare intently at the worker behind the counter, listening patiently to what he has to say.

"Zhongli!" the worker hisses. "You've done this one, two, three to many times."

Zhongli lets out an exasperated sigh. "Sir, if you would, allow me to grab my wallet and I shall pay the sum. Additionally, my debt, from previous times will be covered."

The worker crosses his arms, his eyes gradually narrowing into a sharp glare. "I've worked here long enough to know you're trying to escape. If you won't pay up right here, I'm getting the Millelith to lock you behind bars."

My eye twitches, any amusement I'd been harboring leaving my body. I don't even know this Zhongli guy but I can tell he's an honest man.

I curse under my breath, slapping ten thousand mora onto the counter. "Is this enough to cover his bills?"

The worker gawks at me, but Zhongli's mouth just parts ever so slightly, gratefulness in his gaze.

He suddenly clears his throat, shaking his head. His long dark brown ponytail sways with the sudden movement. "That won't be necessary."

I smile. "I insist. Take it."

The worker ignores what Zhongli has to say and snatches up the money hastily, as if it might disappear.

I snort, resuming eating the large plate of Jade Parcels in front of me.

"Excuse me ma'am, may I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" Zhongli asks respectfully, regarding me with a curious look.

I let out a breathy laugh. "So formal. It's Akira."

He rubs his chin, repeating my name under his breath. "A beautiful name indeed. I presume you're homeland is Inazuma, no?"

Act natural. "Yes, you're quite sharp."

A small smile blooms on his handsome features. "You flatter me. I hope that we meet again, so I can reimburse you. And If I may add, I would like the opportunity to make you as joyous as you've made me on this fine day."

Wow, this guy's super nice. Other than that, I think nothing of what he said, until I see him staring at me expectantly.

Zhongli must realize I'm not following what he's trying to say, because he starts to talk again. "What I mean is, would you like to go somewhere together in the near future?"

A blush rapidly spreads across my face. Zhongli doesn't seem like the type of person to go around asking people on dates, so he must be talking as friends.

I gulp, shaking away any false thoughts I had. "Why not? Do you know any good places?"

"Liyue is a magnificent nation, there is so many spots to pick from. That being said, how is Luhua Pool two days from the present?" he questions, leaning his chin on his hands.

I grin widely. "That works. I'll look forward to it."

。。。。

a/n

i literally can't wait for inazuma im so excited

if ur pulling for any inazuma characters, who are they?