Xiao

Akira's POV

I peacefully run my hand along the polished wood on the balcony of Wangshuu Inn, Xiao's favorite spot.

Why did he want to see me here at sunset? Time will tell.

A soft sigh draws attention to my side, and as expected, it's Xiao, admiring the view of the sunset. It paints the sky with endless warm colors, almost like a mosaic. It's endless, I could get lost in the view.

But it doesn't compare to Xiao's eyes. Those I can really get lost in.

My heart picks up the pace when he turns to me, eyes gentle.

Then he does something I would never expect of him. He gingerly takes my hand in his gloved one, bringing it to his lips.

He brushes his lips against my knuckles, a blush raging across both out cheeks.

"I know I'm not very good at this stuff," his voice comes out nearly fragile, nothing like his usual self. "But, if you will ignore that,

will you be my girlfriend?"

Time stops, and it's only me and him, him and me, standing alone on the balcony of Wangshuu Inn.

Happiness floods my body. "Yes," I can barely say over the loud pounding of my heart.

My eyes flutter shut as I lean in for a kiss, I'm met with warm lips that gladly move against mine.

His respectful hands don't roam, staying on my cheeks and my cheeks alone.

After all this adventuring I had to do to get here, i think I've finally found a home.