十六

Akira's POV

I groan, wiping sweat from my forehead. It was burning hot, and Lumine, Paimon, and I have been traveling to Liyue on foot.

Even Paimon doesn't have the energy to complain, floating with her arms hanging limp at her sides.

How is Xiao doing? The memory of the work obsessed man brings a frown upon my face. He clearly needed comforting for his problems, but he ran off without even telling me what they were.

"I think we're almost there," Lumine finally says, taking another look at the huge map she's been carrying.

I take a look for myself, glancing over her shoulder. I can smell her vanilla shampoo from this distance.

The map is wrinkled and has tears along the edges. It's been in the sun for far to long, so the ink is barely dark enough to see.

It's a miracle Lumine can read it at all.

Pshhhh..

My attention instantly snaps forward, towards the new sound.

"There's water close," I say to nobody in particular. Lumine's face lights up, and a cute smile appears on her features.

"The Sea of Clouds, maybe?" she guesses, looking to me for confirmation.

I shrug, offering an unsure smile. Paimon however, has been filled to the brim with energy.

She punches the air. "Well what're we waiting for? Let's go, Lumine!"

Paimon looks over to me, as if suddenly remembering I exist. "Oh, and Akira I guess."

I shoot a glare at her. "I guess?" I hiss, ready to smack her smug grin fight off her baby face.

Lumine huffs and smacks the backs of our heads. "No fighting!" she announces, crossing her arms,

I rub the back of my head, pouting at the blond.

I'm about to defend myself when I notice a ledge up ahead with a wood fence.

Lumine notices it too, and picks up the pace. I have to jog to keep up with her. I step on a Sweet Flower by accident, and the bottom of my boot is instantly stained with yellow mush.

"We're here," Lumine says in a hushed voice. Surprised and relieved, I turn my attention away from my boot to beyond the ledge.

China, I instantly think, remembering the familiar architecture from my old life

China, I instantly think, remembering the familiar architecture from my old life. The thought brings on a dull headache.

I shake my head. No, this is Liyue. Liyue Harbor.

I lean on the fence, resting my elbows on the old wood. I can't lie, Liyue is much prettier than Mondstadt.

"It's gorgeous," I comment truthfully, lifting my head up to the gentle breeze. The air is salty and smells of the sea.