Sucrose

Akira's POV

I lean boredly on Sucrose's desk, watching her tinker with vials of glowing liquids.

She pours a thicker bright pink liquid into a teal one. I watch, suddenly interested as the new concoction starts violently spinning and turns red.

"Oh no."

Boom!

The vial shatters into millions of shards, raining down on us. I curse, pulling Sucrose to my chest to shield her from the glass. There's no doubt in my mind she was already cut.

I pull away from sucrose when the pattering sound stops. I survey the room. The glass broke so small that it appears like the floor is glittering for no reason.

I purse my lips, turning back to Sucrose. Any negative emotion I'd been feeling towards our situation slips away when I see she's on the verge of tears.

I follow her eyes to her hand, where blood oozes from a small cut.

"Stay there, I'll clean that up."

And so, the next ten minutes are spent with me disinfecting the cut and bandaging it.

"There we go," I say proudly. But Sucrose, on the other hand, still seems depressed and hasn't said a single word.

"What's wrong," I say worriedly. Then the first tear falls from her eye. Then the second. Then she's straight up bawling into her hands.

I keep quiet as I wrap my arms around her securely. "You can tell me anything, I just want you to feel better."

She sniffs, calming down enough to make out words. "That was supposed to be a medicine for all the headaches you've been having recently. But I messed up and almost got you hurt! I can't do anything right!"

I can feel my heart shatter. She's crying..because of me?

"It's okay. You're so good at chemistry most people in Mondstadt can't even begin to compare to you! And I'm honored you took your time to try to make the medicine. You're the best."

She stops crying, staring at me like a deer caught in headlights. Until her face slowly turns red. Sucrose hides her face back into my chest.

"This is why I love you," she whispers, embarrassed.

I pause, my heart picking up the pace for the cute girl. "I love you too."