Lumine

Akira's POV

Lumine and I's relationship has been a rocky road ever since she told me I couldn't accompany her on adventures anymore.

But that didn't stop the feelings in my heart for her to blossom into something...more.

Love.

Now, as I sit across from her on an apology picnic, my feelings resurface, stronger than ever.

She told me she has something to say, and a small bead of hope inside begs it to be a love confession, or even her allowing me to come on more adventures with her.

Lumine starts to talk, speeding up my heart. "What I wanted to say is the reason why I didn't want you to accompany me and Paimon on adventures anymore..."

I sit there, confused. "You told me it's because you don't want me to get hurt."

She laughs awkwardly, rubbing her neck. "Well, yeah. But I would let a regular friend keep adventuring with me despite the risk. The real reason why I'm so against you getting hurt is because I like you. A lot."

Relief and happiness make my head spin. I leap over the blanket and tackle her into a hug, rolling around in the grass.

"I like you too!" I exclaim, peppering kisses on her bright red cheeks.

We eventually calm down, laying in the warm sun in each others welcoming embrace.