十一

I never wanted this life.
                                        。。。。

   I yawn into the fluffy white pillow. I don't want to wake up just yet, but the birds chirping outside my window make it quite hard to fall back asleep.

I reluctantly pulled myself out of the comfortable bed. The same bed that Albedo provided for me in his small cottage.

I lazily approach the rack of clothes in the corner of the room when I hear a few voices outside my door.

I stop for a moment to listen. Does Albedo have guests?

"Does Albedo really live in a place like this? Seems a bit..shabby for a Chief Alchemist," a girl says, sounding surprised. Her voice is impossibly high pitched. It sounds almost familiar.

"Paimon, don't be rude."

That voice. I pick apart the four words in my head over and over, remembering that same voice.

  Excitement rushes through me and I waste no time to open the door.

  I'm met with the enchanting woman I found on the beach. Her golden-yellow eyes stare back in shock. A flicker of happiness and recognition enters them.

  "Lumine?"

                                     。。。。

    I look at my reflection in the tea. I purse my lips at the sight of my disheveled blue hair.

  Sitting across from me at the table is Lumine. Paimon floats next to her. I could've sworn I saw the small girl shoot me a glare or two.

  My eyes linger longer then they should on the blonde female. She really is simply stunning.

  I'm not the only one spacing out though. I've seen Lumine meet my eyes and look away with a blush enough times to know something was up.

  "So, what brings you here?" Lumine asks curiously, leaning further on the table.

  I snort and attempt to flatten my hair. "I should be asking you that. I live here now," I say, gesturing around us.

  "Doesn't Albedo live here though?" she mutters, eyes traveling to my pajamas.

  Then a look of realization and something else I couldn't quite place works it's way onto her delicate features. "Are you and the Chief Alchemist.." she pauses, looking for the right words, "together?"

  Lumine sounds almost hurt, making me lift a brow. I bite my cheek, forcing down a blush. We weren't together at all, but it still is embarrassing to hear.

  I drum my fingers on the wooden table. What would I tell her though? That I'm some freak who is actually a slime and need pills that only Albedo can make? No way I'm admitting that and risking her thinking I'm weird!

"It's not like that at all!" I exclaim, waving my hands. There's no mistaking the look of relief she has.

"We're just good friends..that's all," I say quietly. I take a sip of my tea, not meeting her eyes. I would be lying if I didn't say I didn't feel anything for him romantically. In truth, the same goes for Diluc and Sucrose.

Maybe even Lumine?

"Anyway," I say hastily, "why are you here in the first place?"

She groans and sets her tea down. Lumine hangs her head. "It's not really important. I'm just going to Liyue to see Rex Lapis and I was wondering if Albedo had a potion to help me stay up longer. Y'know, so I don't have to take as many breaks?"