Albedo

I'm back where this whole thing started. The Whispering Woods.

Beside me, peering over the bush we hide behind is Albedo, sketching a Pyro slime leaving burnt grass in it's wake.

The sight of the slime makes me reminisce all that Albedo's down for me. I smile gratefully at him.

He must feel my gaze as he looks over, a small confused smile on his own lips. "What's with the look?"

I turn red. "Ah, it's nothing, really."

"So there's no thoughts on your head right now? I find that hard to believe."

Maybe I would've been annoyed if anyone but Albedo said that. I nod, refusing to admit I was wrong.

He chuckles lightly. "Well there is several thoughts in my head at the moment. One of which being that I like you."

Okay, that was smooth. Very smooth. My limbs suddenly feel like jello at those three words.

"What are the other thoughts?" I ask stupidly.

He smiles further, setting down his sketchbook and pencil, giving me his full attention that makes my heart throb for more.

"There's two more. One is that you're adorable. The second is that I wish for you to be my girlfriend." He says slyly, fulling knowing the affect these words have on me.

My eyes widen before I double over in a fit of laughter. "Okay, okay, I like you too."

I hear his breath hitch as I reciprocate his feelings. He sucks in a breath of air before patting me awkwardly on the head.

Adorable. He's probably never done something like this before.

I do what my heart yearns and kiss him.

And we stay like that before the same Pyro slime from earlier comes from behind and scorches the bottom of Albedo's jacket.

Damn Pyro slime.