Chapter V: Rejected

"Well if you are fine now. I should go on my way. Have a good day you three." As he was about to walk away, someone grabbed his arm. He turned around to see that it was Yumeko that had grabbed his arm.

Yumeko:"I never got the chance to introduce myself yet!"

"I know who you are, you're the famous Yumeko Jabami of this school."

Yumeko:"Oh my, I'm famous! What is your name and do you want to have lunch with us?"

He politely detached his hand from Yumeko's grasp and slightly bow at the three of them, giving them an enigmatic smile as he starts to introduce himself.

"My name is Videric Avarice, nice to meet you three."

Mary:"You're well mannered aren't you?"

He straighten his back and look at the blonde student. Who, was staring at him with a protective gaze.

"Quite so. But to answer your question I would like to decline since I would be skipping."

Yumeko:"Nonsense! Lunch is very important let's go!" As she grabs his arm and drag him away.

The other two just let it happened as they followed from behind, meanwhile Videric was too lazy to fight the girl's grip and just let her drag him away. It's quite a shock she's this strong especially.

They soon arrive at the cafeteria where many students were sitting down and having their lunch at the tables, the other three just stood in the line to buy food as Videric goes to find a table to sit. Eventually he did find one and sat down to wait for the other three as they buy their food for lunch. After they're done buying their food they sat down at the table Videric has picked for them.

Yumeko:"Say Videric are you new here?"

"Yes, I am. I just transferred here yesterday."

Yumeko:"Do you know how wonderful this school is! From the school design to the.."

"Gambles, I know." As he finishes her sentence.

Ryota:"Speaking of gamble I heard that you are the student that won a gamble against a student yesterday."

"Ah, that scum. Yes I did, he did pissed me off quite a bit."

Mary:"Ah, I heard about that. Everyone was talking about you since yesterday. The student was a good gambler I think."

"In truth he isn't. He just cheats at his games."

Yumeko:"But doesn't that make the game more fun and challenging?!"

"Yes it is, but the whole point is to cheat the game not get caught."

Mary:"Let's eat first."

They all nodded their head and Videric just shrugged his shoulders, he put his head down on the tables and closed his eyes. This is one of those times where he reminiscent about the past and his father, though not remembering much he knows that his father was a good father and ruler to the Avarice Clan.

Ryota:"Videric? Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine. Just a bit tired." As he look at them.

Ryota:"Oh okay."

They all started to chat and it was a surprise how easy it was for them all to get along smoothly, like water.

"So, this is what it's like getting along with humans? Hm, I should do it often." He thought to himself.

Yumeko:"What are you thinking about Videric?"

"Ah, it's nothing. Anyways, let's get to class shall we?"

They all nodded and they both stand up and left the cafeteria. He followed the three to their classroom to drop them off, talking and making jokes on their way. When they arrived at their class he waved them goodbye as they enter their class. As he was about to go to his classroom the bell rung, he sighed and just walk to his class, he didn't really care plus like the humans could hurt him.

The hallways to his class was empty as he walked, he could hear the teachers of each class explaining the lesson material. His footsteps almost echoing on the hallways, finally he reached his classroom. He knocked on the door and entered of course all eyes were now on him.

Teacher:"Why are you late?"

He stayed quiet and just stood in the doorway. The teacher still wanting answers moved closer to him, repeating the same question.

Teacher:"Why are you late?"

"I'm putting this as politely as I can but I would rather gamble with the president of the student council right now."

He eyes Kirari and she too did the same. The whole class was watching the thing go down. The teacher was quite scared of Kirari somehow.

Kirari:"Oh my, are you sure at what you're asking?"

"Why wouldn't I be sure?"

Kirari:"If you are serious then I would like to reject the offer."

"Ouch, my poor little heart. The Queen of gambling rejected my proposal." As he playfully grabbed at his heart. He then approach her table, whispering in her ear. "This is not over." After that he goes back to where he was standing.

"Anyways, gotta go ciao!" As he exit the classroom and walked to the school's garden, it was very peaceful when he was there yesterday.

He sat near the fountain as he takes in the fresh air, the girl was interesting. He would love to gamble with the bestest of the best gambler herself however he will not really be satisfied if he does not gamble with the other members of the student council. That would satisfied his lust of being powerful, in this school at least.

He ponders the sanity of this whole school, the ones who 'won' and the ones who 'lose'. What did they really win? What did they really lose? So many questions about this so called school but now his goal is taking over this school, something that would be easy if he use his powers but he somehow wants to make it challenging for himself. Like Sirzechs said.

"We want to see what you're capable of." And he is willing to show them what he is really capable of.

He looks at the time on his watch to see that it was 1 P.M, time had passed so quickly. He thought maybe a few minutes has passed when he was in his own world thinking but a few hours had passed. He laid back onto the bench and admired the flowers and the fountain. While taking in the scenery a butterfly started to circle him, holding out his finger the butterfly gracefully cling onto his finger.

He looks at the butterfly closer, the pattern on it was very beautiful as he let the butterfly go. He pulled out his phone and goes to text Rias about tonight's plan.

"I'm coming over tonight. Do u need anything else?"

As he sent the text he pocketed the phone back into his pocket, since Rias would still be in her class learning while he's skipping class. He didn't really care less since nothing was in store for him if it's math, though the subject history and chemistry intrigued him. History was about all the thing that happened in the past and how to avoid it in the future if it does happen while chemistry is about testing things and seeing what works with what. Everything is limitless in these two subjects to him.

Suddenly, a beep came from him phone. He pulled out his phone and opened it, it was from Rias. He opened the message and began to read it.

"No we don't need anything else. We'll be waiting for you at Issei's."

He just read the message and put back his phone into his pocket, standing up he stretched hi back before going back to his class since he was getting bored. Nothing was there for him to do here and he would much rather be at home watching videos or reading, he rarely gets to do these things since how close his official crowning and his clan wants to be 'remodeled', meaning new rules and protests.