Chapter XII: The New Mammon

They chatted on a few business for a project, nothing much. They also wanted to have a new rule but never really got into detail on what it is, Videric got to know the other factions leaders. After awhile, they exited the room they were in. It was specifically for the Great Satans and The Faction Leaders.

They exited the room and walked to the where the party was held and several people were dancing, laughing, chatting and well some even drinking. They all split up to go meet with their friends or loved ones while Videric goes to search for his friends. While searching for his friends he saw Yumeko alone, she is smiling but something is wrong.

He stood away for a little while to see what was going on, why was Yumeko left alone there? Did she lost the group? Suddenly, Videric could see a hand go up her skirt. Without thinking back he summon his spear, Crescent. He threw it at the man who was touching her.

He fell down immediately shocked, as he goes to see who threw that spear he saw the one and only Mammon approaching him, he started to sweat from being so terrified. All eyes were now on them, and Yumeko of course.

"You are getting rather handsy.."

Devil:"Tch, you were stuttering and so shy maybe you shouldn't be one of the Great Satans!" He yelled at him trying to hide his true emotion.

Videric only stared back at him with his milky white eyes, devoid of any emotions. Everyone in the room could feel the Mammon's aura getting colder and stronger.

"It seems that a pet is talking back.."

Devil:"Why do you care! She isn't a devil is she?! Why would you protect a huma-"

In one swift moment Videric grabbed the devil by the throat and lifted him up, almost no effort at all. It was enough to touch a girl without her consent but it's much worse when you try to insult her next.

"You were the one touched. Now you want to insult her?" His fury could be felt all throughout the whole room.

Throwing the devil against the wall, he grabbed his spear and pointed at the devil's neck. His eyes were begging for forgiveness, but he was stopped from doing anything further when Sirzechs approached him from behind.

Sirzechs:"That is enough for today Videric." As he put his hands on Videric's shoulder.

"Yes Sirzechs." As he put down his spear and unsummoned it, the spear disappeared into thin air.

Sirzechs:"Now you." As he turn to the man who was still against the wall.

Devil:"Y-yes Lucifer."

Sirzechs:"How dare you come here and disrespect one of the Great Satan's. For that you shall be removed from here. Guards! Take him away!"

The guards immediately acted and grabbed the devil, they escorted him out as the anger in Videric's body was beginning to die down. He just took a deep breath and sigh, finally he was able to calm down. He then realized the whole room was staring at him and he didn't know what to do with all the staring and just grabbed Yumeko's hand and lead her away from them all.

Finally, they both came to the balcony where it over looks the Gremory clan, it was very big and the street lights at night lit up, it looks like Paris at night, minus the Eiffel Tower of course. They were enjoying each other's company, at this time. No words were exchanged between the two.

Yumeko:"Beautiful isn't it?"

"Very very beautiful. It's once in awhile that you can go here to watch over the city or else this place isn't opened to the public except the Great Satans."

Yumeko:"You never told me that today was the day of your accolade. I thought it was just going to be a normal party. I also didn't expect you to be a leader."