Chapter IX: Human in The Underworld

Dinner was full of laughter and Yumeko making Videric blush with her flirting. After dinner they went up to his bedroom once more to relax a little before bed. As soon as the bedroom door closed Yumeko turned to look at Videric who was on his phone, texting Kiba.

Yumeko:"Hey Videric?"

"Hm?" As he keeps typing on his phone.

Yumeko:"Pay attention to me."

"Hold on.." As he continues to furiously type on his phone.

She had enough of him ignoring him and grabbed his phone, putting it on his bedside table. He finally looked up at her, she was pouting at him and honestly it was adorable to him.

"Yes, what is it?"

Yumeko:"What happened to your eyes?"

"Ah, my eyes has always been like this. Don't worry I'm not blind just have no pupils."

Yumeko:"If I'm being quite honest it's kinda pretty." She tilted her head Abit and smiled.

Videric began to blush, from the sudden compliment from the girl. She is the second person to ever complimented his eyes, other than Akeno. She could see that he was turning red and her smiling expression quickly turned into a worried one. She leaned her forehead against his to feel his temperature, their lips just inches away and she could definitely feel his hot breath.

Yumeko:"You're red but you don't have a fever. Are you okay?"

"Y-yes I'm fine don't worry." He said as he tried to clear his mind.

It seems that this girl had captured his heart and interest, he could feel his heart beating faster every second he spent with Yumeko tonight, it wasn't a completely new experience for him. He's not lying when he says that he really enjoyed today, he also wanted to ask her a question.

"Yumeko?"

Yumeko:"Hm?"

"Tonight there's a special event and I was invited but I need to bring someone with me. I was thinking do you wanna come with?"

Yumeko:"I would love to! There's nothing really much to do if I go back anyways."

"Ah, I'll have a formal wear for you before tomorrow's event." He warmly smiled at her.

Suddenly, the notification on someone's phone dinged. He checked it phone but it wasn't his's so the ding came from Yumeko's phone and she immediately goes to check it, he just sat there and watch while she answers the message.

Yumeko:"Mary wants to know what I'm doing right now. Would it be fine if I take a picture with you?" She asked politely

"Ah, it's alright. Let me go and put on my contacts real quick.

He goes to the bedroom to put on his contacts, after that he exited the bathroom and sat next to Yumeko. She tried to take a picture but it barely shows his face in the frame, he just giggled and take her phone from her hand. He positioned it so they're both in frame, she smiled and posed for the camera.

 He positioned it so they're both in frame, she smiled and posed for the camera