Chapter VIII: Protecting The Queen

By the time the black jack match was done the student was crying, his face a mess. He had lose all of his money from gambling, making him a pet. It was a sight of course, the students were observing the whole thing as he had a mental breakdown.

Videric didn't spoke another word as he grabbed his bag and left the place, going to a secluded place to teleport home. The sun is almost going down, he didn't really wanna go home yet so he decided to take a peaceful walk before going home.

He likes to explore new places so this was a good time, tomorrow would just be a day like this. The risks of gambling are fun, the adrenaline is absolutely worth it. He was walking through the meat dark alleyways, the street lights are beginning to open as shops are beginning to close up, the school is located in a surprising rich but small town.

Not much shops nor store was open after 6 P.M, the air was now getting colder than before. Casually taking a walk he felt a presence behind him, curious he turned around.

"Ah, why isn't it Yumeko."

Yumeko:"I'm surprised you caught on so quickly."

"Why are you here?" As he slowly approaches her.

Yumeko:"If I'm being honest I'm curious on where you live."

"Oh my.. is that so?" He asked puzzlingly. "You're saying that you are stalking me?" He thought in his head.

Yumeko:"Of course! I know your house is very fancy and homely!"

"Heh, it's not really what you think honestly. It fancy that's for sure. But you know it's getting late right now, it's not safe a girl like you to walk around at this time."

Yumeko:"Oh that's right! I was so curious I cannot help myself."

"Let me walk you to your house. It'd be too dangerous for you." As he walked to Yumeko's side.

Yumeko:"Ah, it's alright!"

"Nonsense I'll walk you home." As he smiled warmly

Yumeko just nodded and she gave him her usual smile. He then followed her to her house, talking and laughing with her. It was a pleasant walk if he does say so himself, he enjoyed it but halfway walking her home he felt an tainted presence. He grabbed Yumeko's hand to prevent her from walking any further.

She stopped immediately and looked at Videric puzzlingly, he just grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. He stayed quiet for a second.

"Don't be shy come out." He shouted, no one is able to heard since it's a secluded place.

Yumeko:"Who-"

Suddenly, a deformed demon appeared under the streetlight, it highlighted it's grotesque body and face. He looks down at Yumeko and sees she's quite scared, it was a stray devil not a strong one.

Demon:"It seems that dinner came straight to me."

"Ah, a disobeyer. Your poor master."

Demon:"He was easy to deal with."

"Do you know who you picked a fight with?" As he stepped forward, Yumeko just stand behind him.

Demon:"Ha! You look like a small fry!"

"Let me introduce myself once again. Videric Avarice Mammon, pleased to make your acquaintance. But this is where we are ending our introduction."

Devil:"Wait What?!"

He put his hand out and point it at the stray devil, the ground underneath glowed a bright green and yellow and his clan's symbol began to rotate and pulsate.