Chapter XX: The Idol's Challenge

Yesterday was one hell of a day. Learning that he will be standing infront of seemingly a few thousands of people to gamble. He woke up to his alarm beeping as he hit the dismiss button. He sat at the edge of his bed as he scratched his abdomen, there's a tiny bit of pain when he touch the burned part but it's not that bad.

He yawned and shakes his head as to somehow shake his sleepiness away as he stood up to go to the bathroom. He decides to take a bath rather than shower. He turned on the water and let it run as he goes to pack up his stuff for school.

After hearing his bathtub getting full he made his way over to the bathroom to turn off the water. After that he took all of his clothes off and stepped inside of the bath. His body was immediately submerged as he lay down, the water just reaching the nape of his neck. His tense body now started to loosen up as he relaxes.

Every now and then he would scrub his body. After taking longer than usual, Valamir worried knocked on his master's door.

Valamir:"Young master?! Are you alright in there?" He shouted from outside the bedroom door.

"Yes, I am alright! I'm leaving the bathroom now!" He shouted back.

Valamir:"Alright. I'll leave you to it." As he walked away, his footsteps disappearing.

Videric sighed as he gets up and exited the bath, draining the water as he grabbed a towel to dry himself. Like usual he wrapped it around him and go to put on his contacts. After that he exited the bathroom to go get ready for school.

Once again, he will be skipping breakfast as he is quite late for school today. After tying his tie and grabbing his bag he left the bedroom and made his way to the foyer.

Valamir,:"Ah, young lord."

"Skipping breakfast again. I will probably be back late today."

Valamir:"What's the occasion, young lord?"

"I have something to attend to after school. So, I will be home later than usual. Probably at 7.00 P.M."

Valamir:"I understand, young master. Have a nice day at school."

He smiled at him and teleported to school. He was 15 minutes later for homeroom so he might need to run to make it to class. Gripping his bag handle tightly as he gets ready to run, trying to adjust his speed to 'human standards'. He doesn't like being late whether it be something he doesn't wanna go or attend. He ran through the halls avoiding people and teachers as he climbed up the stairs, finally he reached his class. His uniform had seen unkept as he entered the classroom, lightly panting.

Teacher:"You're late." As they continue to write of the blackboard.

"Apologies sir."

Teacher:"It's fine. Go and take your seat." Not giving him a glance as he furiously write on the blackboard.

He nodded and goes to sit down at his seat, loosening his tie and took off his jacket to hung it on his chair as the running made him sweat a bit.

"Ugh, I need to be on time more." He quietly muttered.

He didn't really pay attention to class but got called out several times to answer the question, but like he always does he answer the questions correctly leading to the teachers to be confused on how he answered it correctly. Anyways, the lunch bell rung and Videric immediately exited the classroom, he decided to grab lunch by himself rather than with his friends. He wonders on what will he do, he doesn't really care about the gamble but rather the audience of thousands of people.

"Tch, I hate this shit." He quietly muttered as he pays for his food.

He decided to have a little walk around the school to cool his mind. He didn't really want to be infront of thousand of people, unlike small groups that he can deal with but large? That's quite a long shot. He bite his sandwich while walking around, taking in the school's scenery. When he finished eating he threw the trash into the bin before once again, continuing the walk. He can't wait until all of this is over and he can continue on with his life as one of the Great Satans.