Chapter XVIII: The Council and The Meeting

The next morning, Videric woke up like usual. His phone alarm beeping loudly as he hit the dismiss button on his phone. He sat upright and aches, he look down at his body to see that the burn marks from yesterday was still there.

It still hurt a bit and very sore but it's not that bad since Asia did use her power to heal the wound. He got up from his bed and go to the bathroom, turning on the shower he let it run all over his body as he stood there, relaxing. Once in awhile he let out a soft pained groan. He decided to have this day off since the wound is still healing and he doesn't wanna risk bleeding in the middle of class.

The wound from yesterday was really bad so, chances of it bleeding and revealing his flesh was really high. As he gets out of his bathroom, hair wet and the towel around his waist. He grabbed the ointment that was given to him by Serafall and put it on the wound before, grabbing the bandage on his bedside and wrapping it on the wound. The wound almost covered his whole abdomen with burn scars.

After treating his wound, he put on his clothes and thought on what he can do. He could read the book he bought when he went out shopping since he hadn't gotten to read it yet. But, before relaxing he wants to have his breakfast, exiting his bedroom and going downstairs to the great hall to have his breakfast. Like usual all of his servants were waiting for him, his head butler on his left side and Valamir on his right side. He sat down and began to dig into his breakfast.

After having his breakfast, he goes back upstairs to his room to relax for a bit. He was informed that he had an urgent meeting with the council since he has been told that some people were unhappy about the new plans of having a new magic academy. It was a good call that he skipped school today, he goes up to his room and locked the bedroom door. He grabbed his book from the table and sit on his bed, continuing to read where he left off.

Hours passed chin deep into his book when a knock on his door snapped him back into reality.

Valamir:"Young lord?" His calm voice could be heard from outside the door.

"Yes? What is it?"

Valamir:"The meeting will start an hour. It'd be wise for you to get ready soon."

"Ah, yes. I will get ready now. Thank you for reminding me Valamir."

Valamir:"It's quite alright young lord. I will now take my leave." As the sound of his footsteps walked away, fading away in the distance.

After Valamir wasn't outside his door he got up from his bed, he has been on his bed all morning reading. He had not realized that it was already afternoon and his meeting was starting so soon. He walked into his bathroom to shower and get ready for the meeting. By council it meant the council in the Avarice Clan, since this is a matters between the clan and not the other clans, it would be him and his council to figure out what's the problem.

After showering he exit the bathroom, grabbing the towel to dry himself off then wrapping the towel around his lower waist. Exiting the bathroom he goes to his closet to pick a suitable outfit for him.

After dressing up in an appropriate clothing, he picks up his butterfly eyepatch and his gold rimmed monocle, wearing the eyepatch on his right eye and the monocle on his left eye. He looks like how he usually does when on a meeting formal but not too formal, after inspecting his outfit he exited the bedroom.

There, in the foyer Valamir was waiting for his young lord to come down, he glance at the staircase as he heard footsteps and that's when he sees Videric coming down the stairs dressed in his normal suit, my oh my how he reminds him of the late master.

"Valamir? Are you okay?" He asked.

Valamir:"Ah, sorry for that young lord. In all honesty I was caught in a daydream."