Chapter 9: The Name of A Hero

After a few minutes of observing the inside of the building, the hero team was called in. They found a window to sneak into that wasn't guarded.

"He could be anywhere so keep your guard up," Izuku told her to which she nodded.

He suddenly thought of something. He used OFA on his arm and punched it. He then gave some of the debris to ochako.

"In case there's nothing to float," he said.

"Thanks Deku," she said.

The other students were watching from another room and noticed how Izuku gave Uraraka some ammunition.

"Providing for your teammate is an excellent strategy," All Might said, "You never know when a villain is smart."

Izuku and Uraraka continued walking around trying to find the bomb. Suddenly Izuku heard some explosions. He then tensed up.

"He's here..." Izuku said.

"Who?" Ochako asked.

The two were then met with an angry pomeranian.

"DEKU YOU BASTARD!!!" He shouted.

Izuku pushed Uraraka out of the way and took the blow. He saw Bakugo with explosives at the ready and a face of a killer.

"Uraraka! Go find the bomb! I'll take care of Kacchan!" Izuku said.

"Right. Be careful!" She said

Izuku then turned to bakugo. This was the last time he would be his punching bag. He was gonna give it his all and put this bastardized boy in his place.

"One For All Full cowling. 10%!!"

"So you think you're better than me you worthless shit?" Bakugo asked

"I don't think I am, I know I am," Izuku commented, "I already know I'm better than an angry pomegranate with an explosive temper!"

That comment irritated Bakugo to no end. He was ready to kill him.

"I was gonna let you off easily, but after that.... HELL NO! You're fucking dead!!!" Bakugo shouted.

Bakugo then threw an explosion at Izuku with him dodging and making funny faces from behind taunting him on purpose. He then shot another explosion at the boy hitting him hard. The others were watching and were terrified. However Izuku was still standing.

"What? You mean after all these years taking your explosions, you never thought I'd be numb to the pain by now? Honestly Kacchan, I thought you were smarter than that." Izuku said, wiping his face.

"Despite what I do, you always manage to come back ready for a challenge," Bakugo said, "You always think you're better than me. That's why I can't stand you!"

"Well newsflash, I'm not gonna be your punching bag anymore," Izuku said, "I'm not the worthless Deku you grew up with. I'm a hero! From now on, Deku is the name of a hero!!"

Izuku now knew it was time to get serious and stop playing around.

"How come Midoriya isn't using full power," Kirishima asked.

"That would be catastrophic," Momo answered, "Although Midoriya knows his quirk is powerful he is fighting at a low level. In other words, he is taking his opponents power level into consideration."

Bakugo continued throwing explosions at Izuku which he dodged by moving left and right. He was a lot more agile even at only 10%. He then lunged at Bakugo hitting him with a Detroit Smash in the face, knocking his mask over.