Chapter 13: Training

It had been a week since the USJ attack, and school was back in session. Everyone was currently talking about how excited about something coming up. Aizawa had just delivered news about the upcoming Sports Festival.

The sports festival was an event where students would compete in challenges and show the pros what they are made of. However, one person didn't know about any of this.

"Um, what exactly is a sports festival?" Yoshito asked.

Those words surprised everyone, including Momo. She turned to her boyfriend.

"Wait, have you never heard of a sports festival?" Momo asked.

Yoshito shook his head.

"Its one of the important festivals of the year. Millions of heroes come to see who they will take for an internship!" Momo said, "They show it on TV all the time!"

"Well.... I've never really seen one?" Yoshito asked.

"Why not?" Momo asked.

Yoshito thought back to the times where he was living with his parents. While his mother supported his dream of wanting to be a hero, his father wasn't very fond of it.

Flashback

Yoshito was on his mom's lap watching a pro hero in action. He was watching Ingenium do herowork. He was amazed by what he did.

"Did you see that mom?" he asked, "He went in and saved those people in a flash. I wanna be a hero just like him!"

Suddenly he felt a hard smack on his face. It came from his father. He didn't want his son having anything to do with herowork.

"Nonsense!" he said, "You were brought into this world to take over the company when I retire. Not dawdle in something as pointless as being a hero. Stop wasting time with pointless dreams and face reality!"

He suffered a alot of physical abuse from his father and was forced to grow up and be somebody he's not. He expected Yoshito to do everything by the book, his way and nobody else's way. His mother couldn't take it anymore. She had him sent to her sister Nemuri, wanting him to live a better childhood.

"My father..... He didn't want me being a hero," Yoshito said as he looked down, "He saw it as a pointless dream. If he even caught me looking at a hero, he'd beat me til I bleed."

Momo immediately hugged the poor boy, feeling sorry for everything he had to go through. Yoshito had a tear falling down his face. Momo then held him close.

"You poor thing," she said, "Well you're surrounded by people who will accept you for you. Never forget that."

"Can I continue?" Aizawa asked.

Everyone went back to their seats, all ears towards Aizawa.

"That's better," he said.

He continued explaining the sports festival and told everyone they had two weeks to prepare for it. Later on everyone was at lunch period. Yoshito, Izumi, and Izuku were sitting with each other talking about the festival.

"This sports festival is gonna be great," Izumi saiad, "We should start coming up with super moves."

"I actually got one," Yoshito said, "I was thinking of channeling my speed with my natural strength and rapidly beat the shit outta my opponent as hard as I possibly can. Kinda like a Flurry Fury"

"That would be a cool name," Momo said.

"How about you?"

"I'm not sure," Momo said, "I've mainly been writing down what I can make easily with my creation quirk. I'm trying to go into new territory."