7

Jay
"They're staying here with me." I told Lena. She came in and grabbed the twins putting in their car seat. "These are my kids and I can take them whenever I please." She said. She had tears in her puffy red eyes. "And what about Liyah?" I asked. "She's coming with me as well. She's packing her things now." Lena said. "That way you won't have to worry bout any of us being in your way whenever Tanya is around." She said. I looked over at Stacy who was glaring at me. "You told her?!" I said. "You said you were single. Why does it matter if I told her?" She said. "Right, I am single so why are you going back telling her about me and mines?" I asked. "You and yours?" Lena asked. Aaliyah came down the stairs with her bags packed and looked at me.

"Let's to Liyah." Stacy said as she grabbed the twins from Lena and walked outside with Liyah. "You and yours Jay? We get into an argument and you're already... no. Nevermind." Lena scoffed and shook her head as she walked out the door slamming it behind her. "Wow man. Just wow." Dee said as he walked towards the door. "Where you going?" I asked him. "Stacy is my ole lady what you mean? I'll be damned if she accuse me of cheating because you put Selena through another hurt." And with that said, he walked out the door. I locked the door behind him and grabbed my phone. Me and Tanya had a date or whatever so I text her and told her to be ready by 5. Was I into Tanya? No. Did I wanna know how Lena would react if she saw me with another woman? Definitely.

Lena
"Girl fu...freak him!" Stacy said as she bounced Zamia on her lap. I laughed at her trynna censor her words. "Hey mom, my friend Vanessa wants to know can she stay the weekend with us." Liyah said as she came into my room. "I'll have to meet her and her mom to see if it's okay. I'm fine with it, invite them over for dinner." I told her. She smiled and went back to her room. She came back a few minutes later and looked at me. "Can I invite my friend Derek too?" She asked. I looked up at Stacy who was smiling from ear to ear. "Friend huh?" I asked smiling at her. "Yes he's just a friend. He don't have to say over, I just wanna invite him over to dinner." She said with a giggle. "Sure, you can invite your friend." I told her. She giggled and left out the room.

"She def likes him." I told Stacy. "I have to go in to work in a few, you think you can watch them until I get back? I should be here before 9." I said. "Yeah girl, I got it here." Stacy said. I thanked her and went to take a quick shower. I put on a simple business outfit and let them know I was leaving. I stopped by Starbucks to get my favorite drink. "Selena?" I turned to see Michael's sister Tanya standing behind me. "Tanya? Hey, how you been?" I asked her. "I've been alright, you know after my brother died I haven't been the same." She said. "Yeah, I'm sorry about your loss." I told her. "Same to you. You two were married after all." She said. "No, we were divorced when he passed. Things just didn't work out for us." I said. "I'm sorry to hear. Have you been seeing anybody?" Tanya asked. "I was but that ended so now I'm doing me." I told her. "You?" I asked.

She smirked and looked down at her phone. "I have a date tonight at 5." She said. "Oh, I hope you enjoy it." I told her. My number for my coffee was called. "Well, it was nice seeing you. I hope your date goes well." I told her. "It will." She said. I grabbed my coffee and walked out to my car. It didn't take long for me to get to work. "Afternoon Lena." Kelly said. "Afternoon Kelly. How's you and Carter?" I asked her as I checked in through her desk. "We're good. Don't tell him I told you but we're expecting." She said. I dropped my jaw and looked at her. "What? Congrats girl." I told her. "Thank you, he doesn't know yet. Ima surprise him tonight." She said. "Sending a safe pregnancy your way love." I told her before walking to the elevator.

I got in my office and straightened up some. "Lena you have some visitors. Your parents." Kelly said as she buzzed my office. "Send them up." I responded. "Alright now Mama Linda and Clevis, what is it this time." I joked as I stood up. I heard a knock at the door and opened it. "Selena?" My eyes widened as I opened the door. She stood there looking at me, with that God awful man behind her. "Mother?"