17

Lena
I walked into the building and saw Kelly writing down on a sticky note. "Good morning Kelly." I told her. "Morning Ms. Berry." She said as I grabbed a stack of paper off her desk and went up to my office. "Okay now who do we have first?" I said as I went through the paper. "Ms. Berry, you have a Toni Martin waiting for you." Kelly said through the buzzer. "Send her up." I responded. It didn't take long for her to come up. "Hey, how are you. Ms. Toni Martin right?" I asked. "Yes ma'am." She said. "What can I do for you today?" I asked her. "I want to personally ask you to arrange a funeral for me." She said. "I'm sorry but you're in the wrong building. We don't do funeral arrangement here." I told her. "No, I want you to arrange it. See my husband came to you months ago for our wedding, and the job you did was beautiful. I would like four you to do the same for his funeral." She said.

"Oh, Ms. Martin, I'm so sorry to hear. Anything you need me to do, tell me." I said. "Can I vent to you first?" She asked. "Of course, go ahead." I said. "He was my everything. We're high school sweethearts and we've always dreamed of marrying each other and growing a family. Before he passed, he was entertaining another woman. And although he didn't sleep with her I gave him the cold shoulder day in and day out. I was so mad with him. But then he started to make it up. Taking me on dates, buying me flowers, cooking for me. Little did I know that he was planning on ending his life because he thought I was drifting away from him. I feel so terrible, I should've told him thank you and I loved him more often. I wish I could've told him I forgave him." She said. We both had tears in our eyes.

"It's not your fault. You didn't know. And I'm so sorry you're going through this Ms. Martin I truly am. Let's get started shall we." I said as I wiped my eyes. The entire time all I could think about was Jay. How's he doing all of this to make up to me. "Thank you so much, I'll see you Monday." Toni said. I gave her a hug and opened the door for her. I went to my desk and grabbed my phone to call Jay. "What's up." He said into the phone. "I forgive you. I forgive you for everything, and I love you. I love you so much Jay." I said as I broke down over the phone. "Baby?! What's wrong? What's wrong?!" He said into the phone. "You know what, I'm coming up there! Don't move." He said as he hung up.

________________________

I began telling him everything. Even though what me and a client talk about is private I just couldn't keep this to myself. I had to tell him what made me want to finally forgive him. Verbally. "What?! Baby look at me, I promise you that I would never even think about doing that." He said as he pulled me closer to him. "I'm sorry for the hurt I caused you. I promise you from this day forward it's just us two and our family baby. I promise." He said as he kissed me repeatedly. "I love you." I told him. "I love you too." He responded.

Aaliyah
"Hopefully my daddy doesn't find out." I said as I looked over at Derek. I spent the night at his house last night. "As if ima tell him." He said joking. Yes I know what you're thinking, did I let him take my virginity. The answer is yes. Yes, he took my virginity. And yes I took his. We both wanted to. "You okay?" He asked me. "Yes I'm okay for the 100th time bae." I told him. He kissed me and sat up to stretch. I picked up my phone and my heart dropped to the bottom of my ass. "I gotta go." I said before jumping out the bed. "What?" Derek asked. "I have to go. Nessie text me and said my daddy is picking me up from her house. I have to go." I said putting on one of my outfits out my bag.

"Shit." He said while slipping on his shorts. He grabbed his keys and we headed out the door. When we got to Nessie's house, we noticed no care was there except hers. "Good, we're here on time." I said as I got out the car. "Is that so?" I froze in place knowing exactly who voice that was. "And where is it you're coming from that you had to be here on time?" I turned around to see my daddy standing directly behind me. "I was out for a minute." I told him before trying to turn around. "Untt untt, and where did you go out to?" He asked. "Oh Jay, leave her alone. She was out with her boyfriend." My mama said saving me. "You knew?" My daddy asked. "I knew this morning when you told me sh was going to the movies tonight." My mama said.

I smiled at my mama and laughed. "Now look, we're gonna bring you back here before 9. We're having a family day today. Tell Nessie you'll see her later and kiss Derek goodbye." My mama said. "Don't put your lips on him." My daddy said making us laugh. I nodded and did as she told me to. I followed them to the car and saw the twins in the backseat. "Hey twins." I said tickling them. "Where we going ma?" I asked. "I wanted to go to Scotty's but that's not child friendly. So we're going to the park. That way the twins can get a sniff of some fresh air." She said. "Awe, you have them dressed alike." I said looking at them. It didn't take long to get to the park. When we got out the car the only thing I can say is, all hell broke loose.