30

A month later.....
Selena
The time came for us to load our plane and go. Of course we were flying private thanks to Jay. "Hey hey hey, is everybody ready?" He asked as he came to the back rooms. "Yeah I'm just packing up my stuffies." Liyah told him. "How about you ma?" Jay asked kissing my cheek. "Yes I'm ready." I told him. "Alright let's get this show on the road." He said. "You mean in the air?" Liyah asked laughing. "Whatever. Let's go." He said. We all followed him out to the car and drove off to the airport. The events of this year happened quickly. It was a slow process but it happened quickly. But you have to admit, it was pretty interesting going through it.

We were all on the plane and heading to ATL, Georgia. Looking out the window I looked back to all the good memories we did have.

"Well consider it booked." He said as he walked in my office, uninvited. "Who is your brother and why couldn't he come meet with me?" I said as I sat down behind my desk.  "His name is Chris. He said he came up here yesterday to plan a wedding." He said. "Oh,  Christopher? Yes he did come up yesterday. Why couldn't he make it today?" I asked. "Him and his wife work night shift but ended up working overtime." He told me. "Okay so, what did he tell you to request?" I asked. He looked at me confused as hell. "Huh?" He asked. "The wedding, what did he request for the wedding?" I asked. "Man I don't know. I don't do that love shit, I fuck bitches and move on to the next. Marriage and shit ain't for me." He said. "Just like every man to walk this damn Earth. How do you sleep at night knowing that you hurt someone?" I asked him. "Hell nah, I be honest upfront. I just be wanting to fuck that's it." He said which pissed me off. "Okay, this meeting is done for until I can meet with Christopher." I said as I got up.

I laughed at the flashback and looked over at Jay. "What?" He asked smiling at me. "Mr. Marriage ain't for me is soon to be hitched ain't it?" I asked making him laugh. "Hm? Mr. I don't do love." I asked. "I was stupid. Didn't know what real love was until I met you." He said leaning over and kissing me. I laid my head on his shoulder and just thought about her new life we were heading into. "We're really getting married baby." He said. "Yeah we are. And I'm proud to be able to call you my fiancé." I told him. The way me and Jay met was rocky.

"You're not one to talk huh?" He asked looking over at me. "No, I just have a lot on my mind." I said. I don't know what was on my face but he wouldn't stop looking at me. It looked like he was getting ready to say something. Or at least trying to. "Vent?" He asked me. I looked up at him and then scrunched up my face. "No, you wouldn't understand it." I said. "How would you know that? I'm just trynna talk to you." He said. "Well don't. I didn't ask you to dive into my business." I snapped. "All I asked was for you to vent you mad ass bitch!" He snapped back. I tried to move him out the booth and pushed him out the way. "Move!" I yelled. "Move me." He joked. "I'll scratch you." I said with a straight face. "Trust me, I wouldn't mind a few scratches on my back." He smirked.

I giggled at how corny it was. We weren't perfect but we were worth another try at love. He was mine and I was his. We were finally about to be committed to each other and with our own family. No more drama, no more pain, no more suffering. Just us, together. And I can't say that I'm not happy. I'm excited. A new environment, a new house, a new neighborhood, a new everything. Whatever happened in California will stay in Cali. We're above that now. The past is the past for a reason. But you didn't think that was the end of our story, did you?