22

Lena
I waited in the interrogation room for almost 30 minutes. It was cold in here. "Selena Berry?" A man said as he walked in. "Yes?" I answered. "I'm Detective Lorric, I'll be questioning you on two things. The incident that took place on today and, excuse me for saying, but your sexual assault that happened when you were younger." He said. I shifted in my seat and cleared my throat. "Firstly how old were you when it happened?" He asked. "I was 8 when it first started but was 16 when I got pregnant." I told him. "Wait a minute, it happened from the ages of 8 to 16?" He asked me. I shook my head. I noticed as he was writing it down on his notepad. "Did you ever tell your mother?" He asked.

"She accused me of lying. And when I got pregnant she said that he didn't do anything to me. She said I was out being grown." I told him. "I'm sorry." He said. "What are you sorry for? You didnt do anything." I told him. "It's just, it pains me to see a woman going through something like that. My sister went through the same, except our aunt believed her and took charge. Did anybody believe you?" He asked me. "My best friend and her parents. But because of their history there wasn't much they could do. Especially their police history." I told him. "I'm sorry for what happened to your sister." I said. "It's alright. Pain and suffering doesn't last forever." He said. "Tell that to somebody else." I told him.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked. "I had to give my child up for adoption when I had her, then I got into this horrible marriage with a man who didn't love me at all. He cheated on me, treated me like shit, then turned around and gang raped me. He passed away month ago but I still feel that pain. It comes and it goes." I told him. Then I remembered where I was. "I'm sorry, that's not why I'm here." I said. "No, it's okay. Look, I have everything I needed. I can take you home if you want, my shift is ending in 15 anyway." He said. "You can take me to get my car." I told him. "Okay, wait out in the waiting room. I'll be done in no time." He said. I nodded my head and did as told. The only thing on my mind right was those kids. I just hope they're okay.

Aaliyah
I paced back and forth outside the hospital room. "What if he's not okay Nessie?" I asked. "Don't say that. He's going to be okay, okay?" Vanessa said as she grabbed me. I almost broke down on her. "He tried to defend me and ended up getting shot. This is my fault Nessie." I told her. "No it's not. You were kidnapped, okay? He was determined to save and protect you." She said. Few seconds later my dad and uncles came running through the door. "Liyah! You okay?" He said as he ran to me and pulled me into a hug. "Yes I'm fine, I'm fine." I told him. "How's Derek?" He asked. "I don't know yet. I just know that he was shot and now they're not telling me anything." I said almost crying.

"Family of Derek Shaw?" The doctor said as he walked out the room. "Right here." My daddy said. "He's going to be just fine." We all did a sigh of relief when we heard that. "Can we see him?" I asked. "You're Aaliyah?" The doctor asked. "Yes." I said. "He requested to see you anyway. Right this way." He said as he escorted me in the room. "Derek?" I said as I ran up to him. I wrapped my arm around him and hugged him. "My arm baby, my arm." He said. I pulled away from him. "Sorry, what did they say?" I asked him. "It's okay and they said that my arm is gonna have to stay wrapped and that my bandages will need to be changed every other day. But I'm free to go home. They got the bullet out." He said.

"I'm so sorry Derek. Why would you do that?" I asked. "Sorry for what? And because I made a promise to protect you Liyah. I meant that." He said as he grabbed my hand. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yes I'm okay. An officer came up and asked me about what happened." I said. "Did you tell him?" He asked. "Yes I told him. He called my dad and then left." I said. "As long as you're okay. That's all that matters." He said. "No as long as you're okay." I said. "Where's my car?" He asked. "Dee went to go pull it round my house." My daddy said as he walked in. "How am I gonna get home?" Derek asked. "You're gonna stay with me in my house. Don't worry Aaliyah will be able to see you whenever y'all wanna see each other and my mama will be there to change the bandages." My daddy said.

"You sure?" Derek asked. "Yeah man. After what you did for my daughter, this the least favor I could do for you." My daddy said. "Thanks man." Derek said. "We finna go, your mama should be home with the twins right now. Ima walk you to the car and Carter is gonna help Derek out the bed and to the car." My daddy said. Me and Derek both nodded and I followed my daddy out to the car. I've never been so shook up and relieved a day before in my life. I'm just glad me and Derek are both okay.

The Sanders जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें