15

Jay
I was debating which cologne to put on. "Yo dude you been in there for almost an hour." Dee said as he banged on the door. I grabbed the closest one and sprayed it on before walking out the bathroom. "Damn the fuck your in there doing, prepping your edges?" He asked. I bumped past him making him laugh. "This isn't your first date with her Jay." He said as he followed me. "No but it is the first time in a long time taking her out." I told him. I finished getting dressed and grabbed my keys. "Dude, you sure you want to go out tonight? I mean what about Tanya?" He asked. "What about her? We hooked up, I took her shopping, and that was that." I said lacing my shoes.

"Yeah but you know what we heard." He said. "Look man, Tanya isn't going after Lena while we're together okay?" I said almost snapping. "Alright man. If you say so. I'm finna be out. I have this thing Stacy is forcing me to go to." Dee said. I laughed at him complaining and leaving. I picked up my phone and dialed Lena's number. "What?" She said in a tired voice. "Oh you were sleep?" I asked kinda hurt. "I was taking a small nap yes. What do you want?" She asked. "We had a date." I told her. "No, you asked. I said I'll see." She said. "Oh well, my bad for waking you then." I said getting ready to hang up. "I'm ready. I'll be waiting for you." She said before hanging up. I smiled a little and left out the house.

I pulled up to her place and honked the horn. She came out the door and got into the car. "You look good." I told her. She nodded and buckled her seatbelt. "Alright." I said embarrassed as I cleared my throat. I pulled up into Ollie's parking lot and got out the car. I went to open the door for her but she had already got out the car. "This is Ollie's, it's a new restaurant and-" "I'm ready to go in." She said as she walked past me. I felt stupid for even thinking she actually wanted the date. She only came because I was aggravating her. Or out of pity.

When we got inside, we sat in a booth and waited for our waitress. "How have you been?" I asked her breaking the silence. "Good." She said not even looking up from her phone. Our waitress had finally came and asked us for our drinks. "I'm not thirsty." Lena said. The waitress nodded and walked off to prepare mines. "You sure? I can call her back if you want me to." I said. "If I wanted a drink I would've ordered one." She said still not looking at me. Minutes of complete silence passed and the waitress came back with the drink. "What would you like to eat?" She asked. "Can I get the steak and lobster meal?" I asked. She nodded and looked over at Lena.

"And you ma'am?" She asked. "I'm not hungry." Lena said looking up at the waitress. "Um okay. I'll be back shortly with your order sir." The waitress said before walking away. "You sure don't have the appetite today." I tried to joke. "Look can we just get this over with? I do have work in the morning." She said. "Right." I said looking down at my phone. Tanya was calling me but I declined it. "This was a mistake." I said out loud. "What was?" Lena asked finally looking up at me. "This. Asking you out on a date just for you to give me nothing the entire time." I said as I stood up. "Where are you going?" Selena asked. "I'm gonna get a to go plate and I'm gonna drop you off at home. And don't worry I won't blow your phone up not text or call anymore Selena." I said as I went to do as I said.

______________________________

After getting my to go plate, I waited outside by the car for Lena. She finally decided to order. She came outside with her plate and got in the car. "I'm sorry for wasting your time." She said as she buckled her seatbelt. "Im pretty sure whatever plans you had with Tanya were important." She said. I could hear the hurt in her voice when she said that. "I didn't make any plans with Tanya." I told her. "We're not together. I took her shopping after what happened and that was it." I said. "Oh." She responded. "Look tonight didn't go as planned and I understand that you're hurting but at least I'm trying Selena. I want what we had back. And I know I can't reverse the hurt I placed on you but I can at least try to fix it." I said.

"We were just starting a family. You were suppose to be my wife. But instead I fucked up and now look at us. You won't even look at me." I said. "I get it, you hate me. I don't blame you." I mumbled. "I could never hate you." She finally said. "I would have to stop loving you in order for that to happen." She said. "And I never stopped. I love you Jay. And you're right, we weren't together after that argument we had-" "Yes we were." I said cutting her off. "We never broke up. We argued and I kicked you out and then I cheated. The worst mistake I could have ever done. I want to make it up to you. You've been on my mind nonstop Selena. And if I could redo that day I would." I admitted.

"I know you didn't plan for today to go like this. Im sorry my behavior caused us to cut it short. But it doesn't have to end here. The night is still young and the kids are away." She said. "We can go back to my place and watch a movie." She said. I nodded my head and quickly looked at her before turning back towards the road. "Yeah, we can do that." I said semi smiling.