chapter 1

I was trying to fly, but I couldn't find wings ~TS crazier

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round .... and round .... and round .... and rou-  Oh god. I'm gonna be sick. I sit up and put a hand to my forehead, squeezing my eyes shut to stop the dizziness. What are you doing Allie? I sigh and hop off my bed, walking over to my closet and opening the door.

I need to be getting ready for tomorrow, not lying on my back watching my ceiling fan spin.

I step inside my beautiful walk-in closet and instantly feel better. As shallow as it sounds, I love material things when it comes to fashion. My closet is filled with designer dresses, bags, shoes, accessories, and tons of stylish tops and bottoms. Endless possibilities for cute outfits. 

There's power in having on a cute outfit. It can make you feel confident, or sexy, or beautiful or all three, even if you don't fully believe it. It's a fun hobby too. There's just something about putting together the perfect outfit that makes me smile. And this outfit has to turn some heads.

Tomorrow is my first day of junior year. I honestly shouldn't be nervous since I've gone to Manchester most of my life. But tomorrow is the first time I'll be back since I left in January of my sophomore year.

To most people at school, I pulled a Serena Vanderwoodsen and booked it to boarding school without a word. But that is far from the truth. That's just what they're all supposed to believe. Really, I was away at a rehabilitation center. No, I'm not a drug addict, and I'm not suicidal either. I was drugged and sexually assaulted at a party. Yeah. 

I did online school to keep up with my studies, so I wouldn't get behind second semester. Half of my summer was also spent there dealing with the aftermath of the assault. I spent the second half of the summer in Europe with my brother Noah and my father. I just recently got back to Massachusetts.

So basically tomorrow is my big I'm Back! debut. Honestly, I'm more excited than nervous. I love school and I've missed it, and my friends, and my classes, and my teachers, and my student council president position, and especially the cafeteria mozzarella sticks.

Gosh, I can't wait to be back. I know. It's weird. My brother constantly reminds me of that, but I can't help it. I just really love school. I have great friends, great opportunities, and a great new history teacher. Maybe it's because I've been gone for a while, but I guess that just made me realize how much I enjoy school. Besides math, of course. History's the only subject I really like. I just think it's so interesting and it's cool that I get to learn about it. I'm not talking about American history with the constitutions and civil wars and- No. Ew. But ancient history, with the egyptians, and romans, and spartans is so cool to me. And that's exactly what this years class focuses on. I can't wait.

"AJ!" My brother calls from the bottom of the stairs. This is his pleasant way of telling me dinners ready.

I guess my outfit planning will have to wait.

"Coming!" I call back as I step out of my closet.

I start walking down the hallway towards the stairs. I'm so glad I'm back. I missed my family so much. Just walking down the stairs towards the kitchen for dinner makes me happy. I guess coming back after being away really made me realize how much I've missed everything and everyone.

I can smell the amazing scent of waffles as I enter the kitchen. My mom is standing over the counter fixing us plates for Sunday's breakfast for dinner night. It was my idea to make it a weekly thing since breakfast is my favorite of the three meals. I grab my plate of waffles, bacon, and fruit and sit at the table next to Noah.